Custom Neca Clan Leader Predator (Kenner Homage)

CYCLONE 06

This is my second Kenner Homage figure... the Clan Leader Predator himself. To bring him together, I used the Elder Predator's head, dreads, and lower half including his legs and feet. I used a City Hunter upper half, including the torso, armor, arms and right hand. The guantlets are two left hand guantlets, like Boar. The left hand is shaman's hand. The City Hunter's belt was modified to work with the legs of the Elder Predator, and the thigh armor from City Hunter. The cannon is berzerker's, on top of a second city hunter shoulder pad. I kept to the metallic green armor like the original Kenner version, and weathered it up a bit.

My original concept was to give him twin whips, since the Kenner Predator had twin "whipping dreadlocks" that was kind of silly. He also came with a spear, so I re-made the spear with a more realistic twist on it... I used 3 different weapons to create a massive spear that is 12.5" long. After all, kenner made their predators to take on their Aliens, so I wanted to give him a Queen Slayer spear... The other accessories I had laying around, a couple of shurikens and a spare Shaman pouch, and City Hunters bone pouch.

The skin actually has variations of orange dusting over top of a dark red orange, as you can see in the Flash pic, but I couldnt get the orange to show up in the regular lighted photos. The red orange overpowers it unless you see it in person. He also has maroon spots on the top of his head and around his musculature...

I think this one turned out pretty good. More Kenner Preds are on my list...

ClanLeaderPredator11.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator13.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator14.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator18.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator20.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator21.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator22.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator23.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator27.jpg

ClanLeaderPredator31.jpg

~CYCLONE_06

Now I can get behind this. I love it. Way cool looking.

Also..."GOOD GRACIOUS MAN, HOW MANY SPARE FIGURES DO YOU HAVE?"

Eh, not really spares, just making what I have layin around work, and if necessary, buying more. I've also had a few fellow customizers help out and trade parts. I have about 3 or 4 more on the table... then I'm taking a break...

~CYCLONE_06

I just now noticed you had a GORT bio on his side. I bet that took a lot of dremmeling to get all the plastic out?

Not too bad once you pull it off the head, theres like a little ridge that sets into the head of the figures.. just a lot of boiling to get the mask off the head... then i attached a berzerker jaw bone to it and painted it up to look more mechanical. My thoughts are that its an alien jaw bone.

~CYCLONE_06

Well, I did lol, but I have used a good amount up recently. I've got a few more planned coming up I think you guys will like.

Thanks for the compliments.

~CYCLONE_06

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back