Custom Mando Project (Need Help)

jbvirus

Howdy y'all I am sorta of new to the costume making bit and I was hoping to get some help from y'all on how to start. I have been visiting this site a lot and love every single one of you guys and how awesome y'all make y'all's costumes. I started out small about 2 years ago with a Clone Mando idea I had shown here. I used a hasbro Clone trooper helmet and some hard plastic mando armor parts that I bought online. The next year I bought the hasbro Boba Fett helmet and customized to resemble my clone trooper mod also shown here. Well after looking at a lot of y'all's work I have decided I wanted to go all out on my next costume build and I was hoping I can get some advice on how tho start. I have decided I wanted to work with EVA foam since it seems like the cheapest choice for me right now. After I saw some the awesome work some of y'all did with the foam I definitely wanted to try it for myself. So down below is a sketch of what I have planned for this next costume idea, I know it's a little confusing but I am hoping some of y'all can give me a little nudge in the right direction and where I should go with it. Thanks in advance and I hope I am posting in the right place.
mando_mark_iii_by_jbvirus-d48kkrw.jpg

there is a custom Mando forum knocking around on the net somewhere maybe do a search in google and see if anything pops up

Oh yeah I have visited dented helmet and another mando forum it's just I really liked how helpful everyone here is and it seems like on this site everyone knows just the right material that one might need to make the project work great. If I should post somewhere else let me know and I will definitely do so.

Not sure how much the foam run but would use sentra it run about 25.00 a sheet. Sketch looks great.

Sentra is what my last armor pieces were made from, I ordered those pieces online though. I really liked how well the sentry armor pieces worked out for me and have been trying to search for sheets for awhile now. Most results I have been getting are some online sites but I would like to see them in person first if that makes any sense. I did find a small store people have suggested to me but its a good 2 hours away from me. Oh an thank you for the compliment, it took me a good 2 weeks to try and sketch that out, I was constantly sketching and erasing couldn't really decide wether to keep a few bits or not.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back