Custom Dread Beads

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Tsurabisu

Hey everyone. I was kinda bored and felt like workin' on my suit for a bit. I can't use my airbrush and I'm a bit mad at my gauntlets right now, so I figured I'd start on a set of beads. I figured since most people on here go with the regular beads, I'd make my own. I went to the local hardware store to see what I could find to use. I went to look at the PVC piping since a friend suggested it and I bought 5 ft. Only came out to around $3.00 So, I get home and start cutting sections about 2-3 inches long and start carving with my dremmel to see what I can come up with. I think it turned out pretty good. I think I'm going to make 2 like this and then change the shape for the others. (My custom pred has 2 40 inch dreads) Here's what I got.

A chunk of PVC

IMAG0027.jpg

The first shape I made

IMAG0028.jpg

Here's the ring on the dread

IMAG0029.jpg

I didn't like the way it looked. Thought it needed a bit more, so I made a second part.

IMAG0031-1.jpg

Now, glued the two together and got this.

IMAG0035.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

Now, time for detailing and paint!

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

So, whacha think? I really think I like working with the PVC, so I'm going to go ahead and make a second one of these and then the rest of the beads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.