Custom dagger for my Elder

Getal Gratua

Hi all, this will be my first time posting here on the Arsenal forum. I'd just like to show off my custom dagger, and hope to get some comments and advise from the more experienced members of the board. This will be one of the weapons that my Elder will be sporting, and it could be his own or a trophy.

This custom blade was cast from a silicone mold, itself cast from a master made using mounting board and plasticine (a playdoh-type material). The master itself was actually only half of the dagger, so the final product is identical on both sides.

The prop is resin cast, then painted silver. I used acrylic paint and brushed in the bone white and gold accents. Weathering was also done using acrylic paints, a brush and a piece of household sponge.

Well, enough talk, let's go on to the pics:

PC020362.jpg

After attaching the two sides, sanding and filling, and the silver paint

PC020367.jpg

Accents and some weathering added.

PC030370.jpg

Closeup of the hilt, before wrapping it in cloth.

PC030371.jpg

The final product, hilt wrapped in Thai silk with leather thong and beads.

PC030378.jpg

Closeup of the hilt, finalised.​

I have also made a plain leather hilt for the dagger, and I plan to weather the grip and the leather thong. The image of the hilt is inspired by the Mandalorian Jaing skull, and this dagger was made to complement my custom Mandalorian costume. With some modifications, it can be turned into a spear blade. The wooden beads are vintage: I got them from a door blind that's about 20 years old. There you have it!

PC020362.jpg

PC020367.jpg

PC030370.jpg

PC030371.jpg

PC030378.jpg

Cool like it mate, I recognised the skull before reading the thread as Im a Boba Fett myself. Great idea

Su'cuy gar, ner vod! Thanks for the comment! I'll post pics of the leather sheath later. I have a friend in the States who is willing to send me some deer antler. I hope to use parts of it (or casts of it!) on the scabbard.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back