Curse of Star Wars strikes again as Luke Skywalker actor Mark Hamill nearly dies

Remember, that the curse continued during the filming of Empire, when Mark broke his finger while jumping away from the soon to be crushed Snowspeeder.

Okay, partially right on all counts. *heh* Mark had his accident in January of '77 on his way to shoot pickups for Star Wars. George had early notes and his first treatment for ESB (mid-to-late-'77) have Luke crash or get whacked in the face to explain scars that nay or may not be there by the time filming commenced. Regarding the accident (in Rinzler's Making of ESB):

He wallowed in self-pity for a bit, but eventually came back around. As he healed the differences became minor, and he and George felt they were easily explained by post-adolescent refinement plus several years fighting for the Rebellion and probably occasionally being injured. In other words, Luke grew up between films, and I think this actually helped George take that tack. Still, considering principle photography didn't start for another two years (and change), he had plenty of time to heal.

--Jonah

Do we actually have a cite for the Hamill quote about his ear? I find that bit pretty hard to believe. First, his ears have never looked jacked up, so where'd they take the cartilage from? Second, your ears aren't exactly huge, so, how much cartilage would they have been able to take, even? I mean, maybe they grafted a little bit of cartilage to make it grow into something, but I still find that hard to believe.

It's a moot point, though. If you look at his face in Corvette Summer, it looks just like his face before, only with his nose a little different.

Think about how many actors that have starred in a Star Wars film have since died... gotta be at least.. I dunno, a couple? Oh, sure they all say "natural causes", but it really? IS IT REALLY?!?

Let's see, most recently there's Christopher Lee, Alec Guiness and Peter Cushing have passed but both of them were old as it was and died, as far as I know, from natural causes. To the best of my knowledge, no major Star Wars actor has dies pre-maturely from either disease or tragic accident; but I can't say the same thing about their careers though.

Bunk:

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 12.44.01 PM.png

Though, you can still slip and almost die without actually injuring yourself :p

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back