Creating a fake silencer

Dipol

Hi!

I'm working on my new short film, and we start production in a week or so. I've bought some airsoft guns, and I need to create fake silencers for some of them (no close-ups on these ones though). I guess I can make something and then hotglue it to the pistol.

Anyone done something like this before? Ideas? Think creating something out of PVC and spraypaint could work?

-Dipol

Go to the nearest dollar/pound store and buy a aluminium body flashlight and gut it. Our nearest shop has straight body ones that would be perfect, just needs gutting :)

I used plastic tubes mostly, I buy loads of different diameter pieces and pipe end caps, or anything that will do the job that I can work with:

My sons Nerf recon sniper
ccd1e39d.jpg

My unfinished halo inspired sniper
d758dca3.jpg

(still toying which way round to put it)
3db2f914.jpg

Re: Re: Creating a fake silencer

I used plastic tubes mostly, I buy loads of different diameter pieces and pipe end caps, or anything that will do the job that I can work with:

My sons Nerf recon sniper
ccd1e39d.jpg

My unfinished halo inspired sniper
d758dca3.jpg

(still toying which way round to put it)
3db2f914.jpg

The first way :)

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Anything will work as long as it can be mounted and is the proper length. If your not shy about spending a few dollars check ebay for fake silencers for airsoft guns. Cheap plastic ones are just a dollar or two on up to metal ones in the $$$ range.

Fairly easy to mock up a faux suppressor.

Take a 3/4" or 1" piece of PVC, aproximatly 7.5" long, and 2 PVC plugs. Drill a 3/8" hole into the center of one plug (this will mimic a 9mm)
in the other plug, drill a hole in the center the same size a the barrel of the airsoft gun, put a 1.25" bolt through the plug from the inside, and place a nut on the outside (this will mimic where the silencer threads onto the barrel) you can now slip the bolt into the barrel of the airsoft gun, you may need one wrap with black tape for a snug fit. spray paint flat or satin black. You could dress up the front plug with extra small holes to look authentic around the muzzle for added effect.

Bang $2.00 suppressor.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back