Createx + Liquid latex mixture

Lifeburn

Sr Member
Just got done making my skins and I have about 3 or 4 cups of monstermakers latex left. Now while I do have prosaide Im thinking mixing latex with the paint instead will make the paint more permanent (aka less cracking and peeling). My question is, does anyone mix latex with their paints and what mixtures should I use for it to flow through my airbrush?

I do mix paint with latex, but I apply it with a sponge. I believe latex would get stuck in the airbrush (although I've never tried it).

first off just mix some up and let it dry and see how it works. you can do small amounts until you find a ratio that works to keep elasticity and color.
when i spray latex paint through my airbrush i just add a few drops of water per ounce. i dont want to lose the elasticity.
now--- what kind of paint are you going to color it with. if its a water base, depending on the fluidity, you may not need to add water.

your airbrush will gum up from time to time but i havent had any problems cleaning mine out.

I use watered up latex and mix with acrylic paints + Matte medium + Alcohol for base layers. If the latex is too thick it will get stuck to the airbrush and then you'll be done!

Thanks for the advice guys!

And Daman, I'm using Createx paints. I have to water down the createx to spray through my airbrush so if I mix it with the latex I will still need to water it down correct?

A guy in a hobby store told me that whatever I use in an airbrush make sure its consistancy is about the same as milk. Is that too thin for latex?

createx thinning--- yeah i would guess so. i thought createx were brush ready paints.

Milk consistency----ive done a little thicker, but that's probably a good standard to adhere to. but then again, all my latex paintups have been pretty quick too.

what ive used was 50% latex 50% water in a bottle,shake the crap out of it.then add about 25-30% paint at a correct thickness.i used water to mix it down if i had to.adhered great and plenty-o-flexin it.it does eventualy clog up your airbrush but if you know how to break down your gun you should have no problem and wicked results!!

Its a pretty easy process in an airbrush as long as you know how to break it down and clean it, Anyone who has been airbrushing for years know you have to cleans your gun regularly - Hell even airbrushing with paint alone you still have to clean it out every now and then. As long as you have the mix ratio good you can spray almost anything through and airbrush no issues. Its all trial and error.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back