costume making with foam

jakefromstfarm

I am trying to make a guyver costume and using craft foam and hot glue to glue the pieces together. When the pieces is complete I am also using kwik seal silicone to cover the seams. but no matter what I do the seams are easily shown. Can I get any advice to this. I would like to make a costume where you can't tell it was put together with a lot of pieces.

I am trying to make a guyver costume and using craft foam and hot glue to glue the pieces together. When the pieces is complete I am also using kwik seal silicone to cover the seams. but no matter what I do the seams are easily shown. Can I get any advice to this. I would like to make a costume where you can't tell it was put together with a lot of pieces.
The only thing I can suggest would be to use contact cement instead of hot glue. Spread a bit on each surfaces you want to connect allow 5-10 minutes to dry (or use a heat gun on it for a few seconds) and be careful when joining the pieces together because when they do they will never come apart again.
Just make sure the edges are butted close and glued securely. This will give you the least amount of seam lines. Then you can apply the silicone.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back