Cosplaysky.com

received my 6pcs wool trenchcoat TDK Joker outfit from cosplaysky today. I found the quallity to be very good for the price. The trousers were as well made as any pair of trousers I've brought of the high street. THe blazer, while slightly too short at the arms was also well made. The coat is made from a thin wool material, very similar to that of a blanket. But dispite the thin material, it hangs just like a proper coat. I say "like a proper coat" because it is after all a costume. The shirt has almost cardboard like cuffs and collar. I don't mean they have card in them, I just mean they keep their shape. The chain is a cheap plastic chain, but that doesn't really bother me. If I saw this same outfit in a shop window for £180 (the price I paid minus postage) I would consider it to be value for money. For those of you on a budget I would recommend cosplaysky, but to those who can afford it, I would recommend Magolia clothiers. As with any clothing item,the more expensive, the better the quallity. Will post detailed pics when I get a new camera

Last edited:
i have got several things from cosplaysky over the years. mostly doctor who stuff. they have a corduroy 10th doctor suit on the website, that was mine. i like corduroy. they also made me a sherlock holmes vest in green faux suede and i got the corduroy frock coat off them too. i also have their red smallville jacket and as someone who loves famous jackets and coats and owns several 10th doctor and a wolverine x1 and several indy jackets i think their smallville jacket is my favourite. the details were spot on and its as close to dressing like superman on a daily basis as one gets.

i got their obi wan kenobi costume for halloween last year, i was quite pleased with it, it is lacking in some details like nothing to keep the tunics closed or the tabbards on your shoulders, if i had to do it again i would ask for velcro there or something. the outer robe is what lets it down, it is a good size and what not, just a cheap polyester fabric that is quite shiny. the belt was good but not very adjustable, i ended up adding more velcro to it as well as sewing an inner belt to it that i could securely close with a cobra buckle seeing as their belt with just velcro wouldnt take the weight of my machine hilt.

personally i have used there stuff more for everyday wear than anything else. i have had numerous 10th doctor suits made, in various fabrics mostly faux suede and corduroy (it seems to be the most robust) and they are the only suits i wear now and i wear their guy ritchie sherlock coat often and the smallville jacket almost daily for the better part of 2 years now and no signs of wear. they hhave always been very accommodating of my requests and have done custom stuff that wasnt on their website.

i have nothing but praise for them

i have got several things from cosplaysky over the years. mostly doctor who stuff. they have a corduroy 10th doctor suit on the website, that was mine. i like corduroy. they also made me a sherlock holmes vest in green faux suede and i got the corduroy frock coat off them too. i also have their red smallville jacket and as someone who loves famous jackets and coats and owns several 10th doctor and a wolverine x1 and several indy jackets i think their smallville jacket is my favourite. the details were spot on and its as close to dressing like superman on a daily basis as one gets.

i got their obi wan kenobi costume for halloween last year, i was quite pleased with it, it is lacking in some details like nothing to keep the tunics closed or the tabbards on your shoulders, if i had to do it again i would ask for velcro there or something. the outer robe is what lets it down, it is a good size and what not, just a cheap polyester fabric that is quite shiny. the belt was good but not very adjustable, i ended up adding more velcro to it as well as sewing an inner belt to it that i could securely close with a cobra buckle seeing as their belt with just velcro wouldnt take the weight of my machine hilt.

personally i have used there stuff more for everyday wear than anything else. i have had numerous 10th doctor suits made, in various fabrics mostly faux suede and corduroy (it seems to be the most robust) and they are the only suits i wear now and i wear their guy ritchie sherlock coat often and the smallville jacket almost daily for the better part of 2 years now and no signs of wear. they hhave always been very accommodating of my requests and have done custom stuff that wasnt on their website.

i have nothing but praise for them

Any pictures?

I love cosplaysky and want to get the Spiderman military jacket from the new film but im still waiting for them to sort out the hood :)

here are some photos of my cosplaysky stuff. it was pretty cloudy today and almost dark by the time i got to take the pics so they have flash on im afraid.
first up the obi wan costume. didnt wear the pants that came with it, never have, they are pretty light weight, like linen. im wearing coyote brown tru spec 247 combats, they look pretty good with it i think and have plenty of pockets. the inner tunic doesnt look right, its more green than brown and doesnt have the right neck like the epiii costume. also i have attached velcro myself to keep the tunic closed and to keep the tabards on my shoulders and on the back of the costume so i can put the obi on quicker and not have to adjust the tabards from behind. the belt is the one that came with, i added the food capsules and covertec and lightsaber of course. its my own saber, random sabers made it for me, a cross between kyle kartarn and obi wan kenobi's Zenith

next up is my brown corduroy 10th doctor suit. i have 2 baron suits in the brown cotton and one magnoli and i think this is my favourite. obviously the baron suits look great but i am always afraid of wearing them and damaging them. this was meant to be a throw away and the corduroy seemed to be the ideal fabric. hard wearing and has stripes i guess, and has the lived in look the doctor would go for. im sure he has a corduroy suit somewhere

next is my sherlock waistcoat. i sent them a picture of the one robert downey jr wears in the first film, and told them i would like it in dark green suede since the real fabric is hard to find and expensive to reproduce, i like it but the collar is higher than i thought it would be

here is my 10th doctor in dark blue faux suede. i love the material used for the 10th doctor coat and thought it would look good as a suit, i have a brown one also, they look ok but are very thin and feel flimsy and more costumey so dont wear them often. plus they are like a sauna suit. something you cant see in the photo (sorry about that) is the half belt. they always put it too high, right in the middle of the back instead of at the top of the split in the back vent. so beware you need to make sure to ask them to lower the half belt if you order. more often than not i have forgot and i really hate the way it makes the jacket look, just doesnt look right

here is my smallville jacket, as i said i wear it almost everyday and have done for nearly 2 years. its probably my favourite jacket. it was very red when i got it, felt like looking at the surface of the sun, it was that bright kinda like the colour of the lining. i dyed it darker myself using dylon rosewood red i think. it darkened it down just enough. as you can see it has the right sleeve details that were on the original. dont think they show that on their photo on the website. i wish it had inside pockets but other than that its perfect

and last is my sherlock holmes coat, it sadly didnt have the back details as on the original, i think they have added those now. and its dark blue, i was expecting black but it looks so good now and is a good winter coat. gets quite a few compliments.

here are some photos of my cosplaysky stuff. it was pretty cloudy today and almost dark by the time i got to take the pics so they have flash on im afraid.
first up the obi wan costume. didnt wear the pants that came with it, never have, they are pretty light weight, like linen. im wearing coyote brown tru spec 247 combats, they look pretty good with it i think and have plenty of pockets. the inner tunic doesnt look right, its more green than brown and doesnt have the right neck like the epiii costume. also i have attached velcro myself to keep the tunic closed and to keep the tabards on my shoulders and on the back of the costume so i can put the obi on quicker and not have to adjust the tabards from behind. the belt is the one that came with, i added the food capsules and covertec and lightsaber of course. its my own saber, random sabers made it for me, a cross between kyle kartarn and obi wan kenobi's Zenith

next up is my brown corduroy 10th doctor suit. i have 2 baron suits in the brown cotton and one magnoli and i think this is my favourite. obviously the baron suits look great but i am always afraid of wearing them and damaging them. this was meant to be a throw away and the corduroy seemed to be the ideal fabric. hard wearing and has stripes i guess, and has the lived in look the doctor would go for. im sure he has a corduroy suit somewhere

next is my sherlock waistcoat. i sent them a picture of the one robert downey jr wears in the first film, and told them i would like it in dark green suede since the real fabric is hard to find and expensive to reproduce, i like it but the collar is higher than i thought it would be

here is my 10th doctor in dark blue faux suede. i love the material used for the 10th doctor coat and thought it would look good as a suit, i have a brown one also, they look ok but are very thin and feel flimsy and more costumey so dont wear them often. plus they are like a sauna suit. something you cant see in the photo (sorry about that) is the half belt. they always put it too high, right in the middle of the back instead of at the top of the split in the back vent. so beware you need to make sure to ask them to lower the half belt if you order. more often than not i have forgot and i really hate the way it makes the jacket look, just doesnt look right

here is my smallville jacket, as i said i wear it almost everyday and have done for nearly 2 years. its probably my favourite jacket. it was very red when i got it, felt like looking at the surface of the sun, it was that bright kinda like the colour of the lining. i dyed it darker myself using dylon rosewood red i think. it darkened it down just enough. as you can see it has the right sleeve details that were on the original. dont think they show that on their photo on the website. i wish it had inside pockets but other than that its perfect

and last is my sherlock holmes coat, it sadly didnt have the back details as on the original, i think they have added those now. and its dark blue, i was expecting black but it looks so good now and is a good winter coat. gets quite a few compliments.

Hi kenobibale. I also want to order the red and blue smallville jackets from cosplaysky. The pictures you have posted shows side pockets with zips. I do not think the original ones have zippered side pockets. Images on cosplaysky don't have side pockets with zips.

Smallville Clark Kent Red jacket costume | CosplaySky.com

Please help me. This is the only thing that's stopping me to buy from them.

hey,

if i remember correctly i requested the zippers on the side pockets. its been a few years so i cant remember exact. my friend has a red one too and his has red snap buttons on the sleeves and waist tabs yet mine were brass. go figure. also their website photo doesnt show the sleeve details, the "Y" seam details yet its present on the original and on my replica. my advice with cosplaysky is be very specific with what you want. they sometimes miss details even if they did it in previous ones. like with my doctor who suits i constantly have to tell them to lower the half belt to the right place. be specific with what you want, if you dont want zip pockets tell them that and from past experience they are very accommodating

hope that helps
any other questions feel free to shoot me a pm

hey,

if i remember correctly i requested the zippers on the side pockets. its been a few years so i cant remember exact. my friend has a red one too and his has red snap buttons on the sleeves and waist tabs yet mine were brass. go figure. also their website photo doesnt show the sleeve details, the "Y" seam details yet its present on the original and on my replica. my advice with cosplaysky is be very specific with what you want. they sometimes miss details even if they did it in previous ones. like with my doctor who suits i constantly have to tell them to lower the half belt to the right place. be specific with what you want, if you dont want zip pockets tell them that and from past experience they are very accommodating

hope that helps
any other questions feel free to shoot me a pm
hi kenobibale. Thanks for quick help. I am going to order one of the jackets. Will post some pictures when get them.

the red and blue jackets where originally made on my request i have the 2 originals of them and they used red snaps for the red one which annoyed me but i also have 2 inside pockets not sure why they didnt keep that spec :/ they are gorgeous jackets though

the red and blue jackets where originally made on my request i have the 2 originals of them and they used red snaps for the red one which annoyed me but i also have 2 inside pockets not sure why they didnt keep that spec :/ they are gorgeous jackets though
Hi sp1derman. Did you get the jackets from cosplaysky. How are they. Can you please post some pictures. I read that the red one is intense red. Thanks.

I'm a bit late, but yeah.

I've ordered several times at cosplaysky, through their regular amd site amd through ebay (same costumes but the shipping costs are lower in ebay).
I've orderes two BBC Sherlock coats, BBC Sherlock: Watson's jacket, Harry Potter: Hermiones Jacket, Alice in Wonderland's blue dress and Titanic: Rose' flying dress.

They are very fast, the Sherlock coats are very good, so is Hermione's jacket. But the top of Alice's blue dress is much too short of you have boobs ;)
And I don't like the cheap material of Watson's jacket.
But hey, it's ok for that price.

And I think about buying Mrs Lovett's costume from Sweeny Todd.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back