Contact Lenses

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Studio Stasis, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Studio Stasis

Studio Stasis Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

2. Jayn

Jayn Sr Member

wear goggles...

Jayn

ps-seriously, I work in the haunt industry & have heard all of the stories.. There's no lens that I know of short of white outs, that would give you that look. the "Blind"/ cataract lenses really do blind you.. any chance of a post prod. cg fix?

3. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Well, you could always go the route of the Miraluka from the old republic days. They are born without eyes and wear short veils or other concealment to keep the fact from wierding 'normal' folks out too badly.

4. Neon Sentry

Neon Sentry Sr Member

Kinda like goggles, but more like tanning bed eye covers without the bands... like little pods surgically attached right over the eye. I've seen a few different designs for items such as those over the years, and it always looks decent

Of course, you could use those nasty, hazy, whitish contacts for close-ups of Blindy McShuteye and go lensless and change your eyes in post for medium and long shots

There are always many more options than meets the eye... no pun intended :D

5. Scapey

Scapey Sr Member

Why not get a piece of cloth, and tie it like a blindfold? If you use the right cloth, and tie it the right way, you should still be able to see, and it'd give a neat look.

Failing that, milky lenses are about your only option. You can get them with varying degrees of tint... You just need to find one that's a fair balance between seeing and looking good.
    Full sclera lenses are gonna be hard to wear ANYWAY. I'd be more inclined to hunt for normal sized lenses with a partial tint.

6. E2K13

E2K13 New Member

Afflecks eyes in Daredevil were a good effect and weren't overly opaque.

7. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

actually there are a pait of white contacts that you can see through that more or less cover your pupils. A guy at comic con I met was wearing them, They were awesome. They were not completley white, they were crosshatched white, but i couldnt see his pupils or anything and he said he could see fine, and he must have cause he was walking around just fine lol. I can try to se where he got these if you want. Heres a pic. He's in the back with the Jason Todd Hush costume.
    [​IMG]

8. Hermes

Hermes Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

9. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

lol yea there is someone else back there. Big tall guy with a gun... red mask and white contacts.
    Is the brightness down on your screen? Even with the brightness all the way down on mine I can still see it just fine. Odd.

10. Hermes

Hermes Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

11. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

lol. Na I havent heard back on the lenses yet. I will let you all know when I do.
    Thanks about the Robin suit. Glad you like it. Lots of hard work went into it.

12. rocketx13

rocketx13 New Member

Any word back on the contacts??

13. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

not as of yet i am still waiting

14. Studio Stasis

Studio Stasis Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

15. thorssoli

thorssoli Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

16. E2K13

E2K13 New Member