Constantine Prop display

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by TimDrakeRobin, Apr 25, 2006.

1. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

Here is the display I have set up for all my Constantine movie props. I will be adding the BUllet shavings from the assasination attepmt on the pope, and the shroud of moses to is soon. What do you think?
    [​IMG]

2. Tol Skorr

Tol Skorr New Member

Very Cool Indeed. :thumbsup

3. jamiemp

jamiemp Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

4. franz bolo

franz bolo Sr Member

Nice work Tim.

By the way, what are you going to be this halloween? :D

FB

5. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That's outstanding, TDR. I know you've been devoting a lot of effort to this and it's paying off beautifully.

How about adding a pack of cigarettes to that display? :love

6. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

If it was the brand he smoked in the movie, i would, but I am not that good in paint and I dont have photoshop lol.

For halloween this year I will be celebrating the one year Anniversary of my marrige and later on at the Halloween party I will be The Phantom. If I can find a good purple suit lol.

7. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TimDrakeRobin @ Apr 26 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]1233200[/snapback]</div>
    You got married on Halloween? Now there's a great excuse for combining anniversary celebrations with cosplay. :D

8. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

yup I did lol. Just last halloween too.

9. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What was the brand he smoked in the movie again? or was it one that was created for the film?

10. LeMarchand

LeMarchand Sr Member

Here's another cheap prop from the movie which serves great as propdisplay dressing. only cost me $5 incl shipping:

[​IMG]
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

it can seen in the car when Chad is waiting in the car while Constantine is performing the exorcism in the beginning of the movie.

As for the cigarettes, the brand was called "Chang Jiang"

Marc

11. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

kool lead there man, thanks.

yup "Chang Jiang" Yellow River.

12. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Are they Chinese or Taiwanese? I have friends I go to school with that are from Taiwan and they go home for Christmas and summer. I can get them to bring me a few packs back if anyone is interested. That's if they're not available in North America and if they're available at all. If someone can post a pic of the actual pack it'd help me out too.

13. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TFrosst @ Apr 26 2006, 02:42 PM) [snapback]1233432[/snapback]</div>
    The cigarettes he smokes in the movie are a fictional brand that was created just for the film.
    I really appreciate the offer though.

14. Birdie

Birdie Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I knocked up a quick stylized version of the cigarette logo in Illustrator. It would be kinda cool to see someone do the cigarette carton & box. :)

[attachmentid=7795]

15. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Birdie @ Apr 26 2006, 06:21 PM) [snapback]1233566[/snapback]</div>
    Very Nice Birdie, It would be cool to see that done.

16. KAVEEKS

KAVEEKS New Member

very cool tim. I envy your lighter like hell :) That's the DC one isn't it? I tried to get one, but the website is outa stock

17. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KAVEEKS @ Apr 28 2006, 07:03 AM) [snapback]1234667[/snapback]</div>
    your in luck, kind of. I found a website in the us that had them in stock, BUT they just sold out again and the price is like $265. They said they should have more soon, so keep checking if you are willing to pay this price.
    http://www.manrila.com/product.asp?Zippo_ID=1197

18. KAVEEKS

KAVEEKS New Member

all right bro. thanks a lot for the tip. I just checked it out, and it looks like they're still out, so I'll keep checking back. Is that how much you paid for yours?

19. TimDrakeRobin

TimDrakeRobin Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KAVEEKS @ Apr 30 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]1235804[/snapback]</div>
    Nope, I got mine for about $100 less via an export company in Japan

20. mrnj1090

mrnj1090 New Member

I found pictures of actual Chang Jiang cigarette packs on Cigarettes Pedia. Chang Jiang Though the pack designs are not the movie one.

21. Grey

Grey Sr Member

Me-me-me-me-MEGA BUMP. :lol

22. TazVader

TazVader Sr Member

Nice.....did you do the drawing of the spear yourself? I'd love to buy one of those:)

Regards
    TAZ

23. ALPHA D UNIT

ALPHA D UNIT Member

Ive got a copy of the cig pack unwrapped. Found it in one of the papercraft threads floatin around.

EDIT:

Haha Found them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  24. mrnj1090

mrnj1090 New Member

That is a good pack, but to me it doesn't look screen accurate. Soft packs are one full sheet of paper; they don't have the folding precut sides on them.

25. Ramiel

Ramiel Sr Member

That was my artwork, I made it that way cause I replicated the graphics seen also in the extras (where you can see the bottom and sides quite well), so, probably it was not done that way, but I included the folding and cutting lines as well to make it easier to "assemble" the final pack...
    The graphic itself is quite accurate BTW, I spent a lot of time on it...;)

26. mrnj1090

mrnj1090 New Member

Oh, well you did a great job! I was just referring to the folding/cutting lines like you said.

27. Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket Well-Known Member

Love the cigs.

28. Ramiel

Ramiel Sr Member

Yes, I know, don't worry, I wa just trying to explain why I put them there, just to make the "assembly" of the pack easier, that's it!:)

29. mrnj1090

mrnj1090 New Member

I am actually wondering what kind of paper they use on cigarette packs to get that gloss/matte look. Also wondering where I can find the aluminum foil paper. The foil paper in the Constantine cigarettes is red, and I've looked online to see where I can get it but I've only found it wholesale.

30. Enikarion

Enikarion New Member

Hellow all. I've just found Constantine's zippo, official and not for all the gold in the world : ZIPPO Constantine - &euro;95.60 :

It's a sino-french site, but you find some treasures if you like zippo's...

31. GORGONA

GORGONA Member

32. Annikin83

Annikin83 Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What a great display and a great setup too!

33. Beauty1474

Beauty1474 New Member

Dear Tim;

OMGoodness! This is sooooo awesome!!! You are the only person I've come across that has a set like this and I love how you displayed it! I created this account so I could ask you if I could PLEASE get the info from you on where and from whom I could purchase these myself. I am Birthday/Christmas shopping for another Constantine fan. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Kristina

34. Nexus6

Nexus6 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Dear Kristina,

TimDrakeRobin got sacked ages ago, so don't be upset when you don't receive any response from him.

Welcome to the RPF though...
    Nexus6

35. Beauty1474

Beauty1474 New Member

Dear Nexus6;

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your reply. I truly appreciate your response as well as the information provided regarding TimDrakeRobin. I am very new to this venue. I appreciate your welcome. Until you replied, I wasn't certain I had posted my message correctly. Do you happen to know if Franz Bolo is still active on this site? Your response is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Kristina (Beauty1474)
    KristinaChristian83@yahoo.com

36. Nexus6

Nexus6 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

According to his profile, Franz was browsing the site about 4 hrs ago. If you want to speak with him, maybe you could send him a PM. That way, next time he logs on, he'll be notified that he has a message.

I will say that you may find it difficult to find the brass knuckles, as quite a few legal issues popped up & caused problems (since the authorities consider it a weapon). Having said that, I think they DO come available in the JunkYard from time-to-time. Good luck!

37. franz bolo

franz bolo Sr Member

Thanks Nexus6, I just got a hold of her.

FB

Nexus6 likes this.