Concept Sith Lightsaber

SeattleMaddog

I had an extra Heiland flash, so I decided to make my nephew a Lightsaber for Christmas and then I saw the trailer for Force Awakens. Taking a lead from the Sith lightsaber in the trailer I gave the hilt a cross guard using the flash attachment stems.

The grip was cut from a leather belt and hand sewn, and then I added some wiring detail to the emitter area. I considered adding a Vader like shroud but decided to focus attention on the hilt. D-ring is screwed into the flash mount.

I prefer the well used look for these types of objects, so I have left the patina and paint as I found them.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the build.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418098015.311112.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418098033.562560.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418098048.476467.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418098063.807303.jpg

Nice idea with the leather grip :)
I think the top is missing a emitter. I would add something to it. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I struggled with emitter concepts for a couple days but in the end decided to keep it simple. I expect this Lightsaber to be handled a lot more often than mine, so this design is more robust.

Back