Concept Sith Lightsaber

SeattleMaddog

I had an extra Heiland flash, so I decided to make my nephew a Lightsaber for Christmas and then I saw the trailer for Force Awakens. Taking a lead from the Sith lightsaber in the trailer I gave the hilt a cross guard using the flash attachment stems.

The grip was cut from a leather belt and hand sewn, and then I added some wiring detail to the emitter area. I considered adding a Vader like shroud but decided to focus attention on the hilt. D-ring is screwed into the flash mount.

I prefer the well used look for these types of objects, so I have left the patina and paint as I found them.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the build.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418098015.311112.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418098033.562560.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418098048.476467.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1418098063.807303.jpg

Nice idea with the leather grip :)
I think the top is missing a emitter. I would add something to it. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I struggled with emitter concepts for a couple days but in the end decided to keep it simple. I expect this Lightsaber to be handled a lot more often than mine, so this design is more robust.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back