Conan The Barbarian 2011

oculus1857

Sakara - Many thanks for your help with this. I don't think I will have this ready for Dragon Con this year, but Halloween or even on to 2012 would be more than likely. Still collecting as much info and screen shots as I can helps. Still trying to figure out the layers of cloth and stuff he is wearing under all that. Yeah I'm peeking under Conans skirt :eek

This movie makes me soft. Conan is supposed to be massive... Not some lean 120Lb man... Arnie is the only Conan

I understand how you feel. I felt the same way. That is until I saw 'Game of Thrones'. Jason Momoa, yeah he's got this!! It's in the hands of the directors and producers to make the tale of Conan popular and believable. My BARBARIAN LOVIN @$$ will be there opening night for DAMN sure.

This movie makes me soft. Conan is supposed to be massive... Not some lean 120Lb man... Arnie is the only Conan

Jason Momoa is taller than Schwarzeneggar, very fit, and technically weights more. He can also act circles around the Austrian Oak. Like oculus1857 said, after Game of Thrones, I am looking forward to it.

Jason Momoa is taller than Schwarzeneggar, very fit, and technically weights more. He can also act circles around the Austrian Oak. Like oculus1857 said, after Game of Thrones, I am looking forward to it.

PLus he looks far more like what Conan is supposed to look like. I love Arnie's Conan and it will always have a place in my heart as a cool fantasy film. But i've always wanted to see Conan as he was written in the novels.

See I have to agree with the others here, too many people think that the John Milius version of Conan was actually based on the books and it was far from it. Conan didnt run around with a bare chest and leather cod piece. He normally wore a scale or chainmail shirt with a helmet and shield. If he lost equipment he made due with what was at hand but even when he was the king of Aquilonia he wore plate mail and helm.

While I dont see the film being as true to the Howard novels as it should be at least Moama is more along the lines of how Conan was portrayed, tall lean and muscled, espeically when he was young. Should provide a lot of cool looking costumes to mimic and adapt over.

See I have to agree with the others here, too many people think that the John Milius version of Conan was actually based on the books and it was far from it. Conan didnt run around with a bare chest and leather cod piece. He normally wore a scale or chainmail shirt with a helmet and shield. If he lost equipment he made due with what was at hand but even when he was the king of Aquilonia he wore plate mail and helm.

While I dont see the film being as true to the Howard novels as it should be at least Moama is more along the lines of how Conan was portrayed, tall lean and muscled, espeically when he was young. Should provide a lot of cool looking costumes to mimic and adapt over.

Of course, The cover art of The Conan novels nearly always showed him with bare chest and leather groin coverings of some kind. Blame Frazzeta! :lol
So i see this version as a happy medium.

Conan is a perfect display of not only an adapted movie but a cinematic masterpiece. One of the best movies of all time. nothing can touch it, and no remake can ever touch it.

Here I thought I was the only one who felt the same way. :lol The Atlantean sword held more of a mysteriousness about it. Not sure what this film will bring. We shall see.

I need to see more of it in action and some better close ups before I decide. I do like the look of his fathers sword, it had the same style guard as the Jody Samson version in the first movie which I love, he also made the Atlantean.

1st few minutes of the movie as a red band trailer (for messy deaths)
‪CONAN THE BARBARIAN - When Blood Is Spilled (Red Band Clip)‬‏ - YouTube

This solidified the fact I will be there opening night for this movie.

Triple H the wrestler could have pulled a B grade conan off. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Jason Momoa can carry this like a Spartan carries a shield. No doubt Triple H could bring the menace in future Conan movies, which I am hoping for. Time will tell.

Now to the ideas on the wardrobe and costume. I have found some pics, but like all who haven't seen this movie yet I am still wondering which is going to be the best combination.

227352_146479218754763_100001780587833_274661_5170216_n by more Momoa, on Flickr

so the red/scarlet cloth in this picture, there are other pictures in the link below, what is this made of? The Belts seem pretty straight forward. Basically a trip to Tandy or hit your local Renfair dealer see if they can cut you a deal.

The bracers. Still not sure about these yet. Leather obviously, but there is more to them.

PLus he looks far more like what Conan is supposed to look like.

This sums up my exact thoughts.This is how he should look.
I love Arnold's movie. I grew up watching those 2 over and over as a kid.

I see a lot of comments regarding the trailer on youtube.
So much hate for this guy without even watching it.

Give the poor guy a chance.

This solidified the fact I will be there opening night for this movie.

Jason Momoa can carry this like a Spartan carries a shield. No doubt Triple H could bring the menace in future Conan movies, which I am hoping for. Time will tell.

Now to the ideas on the wardrobe and costume. I have found some pics, but like all who haven't seen this movie yet I am still wondering which is going to be the best combination.

227352_146479218754763_100001780587833_274661_5170216_n by more Momoa, on Flickr

so the red/scarlet cloth in this picture, there are other pictures in the link below, what is this made of? The Belts seem pretty straight forward. Basically a trip to Tandy or hit your local Renfair dealer see if they can cut you a deal.

The bracers. Still not sure about these yet. Leather obviously, but there is more to them.

Growing up reading the novels the photo above is exactly the way I pictured Conan to look. With apologies to it's fans, the biggest problem with the Arnold movies was him. I enjoyed the films, but they are not untouchable.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back