Con Photos: Star Wars Fan Days IV

I could not make it due to soccer games in the morning and birthday parties in the afternoon. I loved the actual convention center for Dallas Comic-Con, but the parking was a joke. Were any improvements made to the parking situation? To tell the truth, I thought about heading out on Sunday, but memories of the parking at Comic-Con kept me away.

Brian

Oh and as far as the crowd....on Saturday there were times when I had trouble walking through some areas. It seemed like a decent crowd to me. I would post up pics but I didn't take any myself..

I loved the actual convention center for Dallas Comic-Con, but the parking was a joke. Were any improvements made to the parking situation? To tell the truth, I thought about heading out on Sunday, but memories of the parking at Comic-Con kept me away.

The Parking was my biggest concern too, I even PMed Philip about it prior to deciding if I was going or not. The thought of parking a 1/4 mile away in a muddy field and wheeling a costume cart up to the building was something I was not interested in doing.

I don't know about everyone else, but I happily paid $5 to park in the attached garage. I arrived at 10:45 and got a spot on the third level and was 15 feet from the elevators. It was a cooler morning and being in the shade of the garage I changed into my costume there and just walked in, it was about as perfect as I could have hoped.

I don't know/understand why that grassy field is not a parking lot yet, the convention center really needs it.

Last edited:
Great pics and info, James.

And I think your Vader rocks.

I wish I could have made it but as you said, a lot of things going on that weekend.

The $20.00 door fee may have turned some folks off. (especially if folks were trying to shoehorn a lot of weekend activites in on a big DFW weekend)

I assume it is due to having it at the ICC that has raised the price? I don't recall it being that much for GA in the past. I would have gotten in free if I was able to find the time to go but if I was unble to get in free, the 20.00 fee may have had me think twice. Especially if I was bringing the kids as well and I still had to pay for parking as well.

Sorry..I am old school Plano Con from 2000-2002, when we used to have 3-4 prop tables set up and it cost like 5.00 to get in. :)

Thanks for the Smugmug link but damn...you think the photographer could have toned down the watermarks?

You can't even see the pics due to the watermarks being plastered everywhere.

Found another flickr set here:
Star Wars Fan Days - a set on Flickr

Including one of me:
6269707483_d46bca5429_z.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back