Completed! Wheems project -batteries not included

mryingster

So I've been watching this thread for a while. I even grabbed the 3D scans a long time back and printed them. Now wheems sits on a shelf in my garage waiting for me to finish and paint him...

But I got brought back to this thread today because of Adam Savage's newest video:

That final product looks amazing! Nice work! Is this a project that you think will ever turn into a run? I'd be super interested!

dotails

Jas I would be interested in buying the SLA stl files for this!!!
I'd be interested In the 3d model too. Here's my first attempt based on an etsy model.

Attachments

• P_20220210_182329~2.jpg
    P_20220210_182329~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71

jas070680

So I've been watching this thread for a while. I even grabbed the 3D scans a long time back and printed them. Now wheems sits on a shelf in my garage waiting for me to finish and paint him...

But I got brought back to this thread today because of Adam Savage's newest video:

That final product looks amazing! Nice work! Is this a project that you think will ever turn into a run? I'd be super interested!
Thank you for the kind words. I honestly haven't made one for myself yet. I am kicking around the idea of a run but can't promise anything at this point. If I decide to move forward I will post something in this thread and create a new run or interest thread.

Thanks again.

sergeantbus

This is amazing. I saw Adam Savages video. Was really hoping I could purchase one. My Grandpa was the Set Designer for the movie and it has a special place in my heart. Would love to have something like this in my office.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.