Completed Royal Guard costume and Force Pike pics

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by kalkamel, Apr 22, 2006.

1. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

Hi guys,

I recently completed an Emperor's Royal Guard costume for my wife so I thought I'd share some pics of it here.

For the outer robe I decided to go with the doube slit ROTS look instead of the sling over one shoulder ROTJ look. It's just more maneuverable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The force pike is a modified golf ball retriever. I cut the basket off, put in a pen top as the tip, glued some studs and finally glued a sink knob to the bottom of the handle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys like.

2. Sidewinder

Sidewinder Sr Member

Nice cossie. Whenever I see one of these I half expect a Cylon eye to go 'wom wom' across the visor. :lol

SAS

3. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

Very nice costume. What helmet did you use? Is that an Altmans or a repainted Don Post? It looks great.

4. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

Its a fiberglass recast of a DP that I found on Ebay. The paint job is absolutely fantastic.

5. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

Very nice. :thumbsup ...you match your curtains. :p

6. Bountyhunter Niko

Bountyhunter Niko Well-Known Member

Looks Great. Nice work.

7. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

Thanks, guys. You think its 501st worthy? I'm planning to make an application for my wife soon.

8. builditimust

builditimust New Member

Nice pike. i'd say your worthy

9. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ Apr 22 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]1231219[/snapback]</div>
    :lol

Nice work on the Royal Gaurd :thumbsup
    Good eye Kev.

10. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(kalkamel @ Apr 24 2006, 12:21 AM) [snapback]1232024[/snapback]</div>
    I'd say it would be fine for the 501st. Looks great to me, but I am not the LMO either. ;)

11. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

Just a head's up... my wife's application to join the 501st with this costume was approved about a month ago. I'm planning to follow suit once my ESB Vader's complete.

12. MarkG

MarkG Well-Known Member

Looks awesome, top job done..

You shouldn't have a problem at all getting into the 501st with that....

13. Benkenove

Benkenove Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity,... where did you find those gloves ???

14. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

Velvet wrist length gloves I found in a winter clothing department of a local shopping centre.

15. Darth Domain

Darth Domain Well-Known Member

I'm bidding on an Altmanns Guard bust at the moment that does have some chips in the paint etc. Any one any idea what type of Red paint i should be looking for to repair it?

16. spidermale

spidermale Well-Known Member

:love sweeeet. Im gonna have to modify my DP royal gaurd one of these days. Tell me, did you put in a hose so she can breathe, or drill holes or a fan or something? I read somewhere that its tough to breathe in, Ive only worn mine just to show people I had one, never for more then like 20 seconds.

17. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(MasterVader @ Jun 29 2006, 04:54 AM) [snapback]1270225[/snapback]</div>
    First time she tried it on, it got very claustrophobic for her. After a while, she's fine. She trooped in it for a full hour once and didn't really have any difficulty with it on. The fact that the lower part of the helmet flared to allow some breathing space also helps.

18. arek

arek Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>(kalkamel @ Jun 28 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]1269720[/snapback]</div>
    Stores in Malaysia have winter clothing departments? :)

19. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Nicely done. I'll have to do one some day for my personal collection.

20. Walter

Walter Sr Member

That looks great. Who would have thought a golf ball retriever could look so good.

-Bryan

21. poopsko24

poopsko24 New Member

very nice. Got to get mine up on display one of these days. I don't know what to use to dress it though. You have any pics of the manequin, or whatever you used underneath ? that would be very very helpful to me. THanx

22. totallyice

totallyice Member

Awesome work on the pike!

23. Chaank

Chaank Well-Known Member

Just found this in a search. Very cool work. They never made the most of these characters.