Completed Royal Guard costume and Force Pike pics

kalkamel

Master Member
Hi guys,

I recently completed an Emperor's Royal Guard costume for my wife so I thought I'd share some pics of it here.

For the outer robe I decided to go with the doube slit ROTS look instead of the sling over one shoulder ROTJ look. It's just more maneuverable.

RG1.jpg

RG2.jpg

The force pike is a modified golf ball retriever. I cut the basket off, put in a pen top as the tip, glued some studs and finally glued a sink knob to the bottom of the handle.

forcepike1.jpg

forcepike2.jpg

forcepike3.jpg

Hope you guys like.

<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ Apr 22 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]1231219[/snapback]</div>
Very nice. :thumbsup ...you match your curtains. :p
[/b]

:lol

Nice work on the Royal Gaurd :thumbsup
Good eye Kev.

<div class='quotetop'>(kalkamel @ Apr 24 2006, 12:21 AM) [snapback]1232024[/snapback]</div>
Thanks, guys. You think its 501st worthy? I'm planning to make an application for my wife soon.
[/b]

I'd say it would be fine for the 501st. Looks great to me, but I am not the LMO either. ;)

Just a head's up... my wife's application to join the 501st with this costume was approved about a month ago. I'm planning to follow suit once my ESB Vader's complete.

I'm bidding on an Altmanns Guard bust at the moment that does have some chips in the paint etc. Any one any idea what type of Red paint i should be looking for to repair it?

:love sweeeet. Im gonna have to modify my DP royal gaurd one of these days. Tell me, did you put in a hose so she can breathe, or drill holes or a fan or something? I read somewhere that its tough to breathe in, Ive only worn mine just to show people I had one, never for more then like 20 seconds.

<div class='quotetop'>(MasterVader @ Jun 29 2006, 04:54 AM) [snapback]1270225[/snapback]</div>
:love sweeeet. Im gonna have to modify my DP royal gaurd one of these days. Tell me, did you put in a hose so she can breathe, or drill holes or a fan or something? I read somewhere that its tough to breathe in, Ive only worn mine just to show people I had one, never for more then like 20 seconds.
[/b]

First time she tried it on, it got very claustrophobic for her. After a while, she's fine. She trooped in it for a full hour once and didn't really have any difficulty with it on. The fact that the lower part of the helmet flared to allow some breathing space also helps.

<div class='quotetop'>(kalkamel @ Jun 28 2006, 12:02 PM) [snapback]1269720[/snapback]</div>
Velvet wrist length gloves I found in a winter clothing department of a local shopping centre.
[/b]

Stores in Malaysia have winter clothing departments? :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back