Completed My Mouse Droid!

Boxcar Bret

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I finished my MSE droid today. I still want to do a little more detail work on it but over all I'm happy with the results. Shortly after I took it for an inaugural spin up and down the street. We estimated it was moving around 25mph. I'm glad I put the heavy duty springs on it 'cause it was listing on sharp turns and on two wheels at one point. It can do "Rockford Files" reverse turns really good since it's front wheel drive.

Let me know what you think.

MG_0899.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

SWEET...................... What is it built on and what did you use for the body..........
I want one of these, it really looks good nice job :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Originally posted by darth_manu@Apr 2 2006, 10:00 PM
that looks great, but i think the rims are too bling for him
[snapback]1218782[/snapback]​

Yeah. I just couldn't bring myself to paint them quite yet. :D Thanks..

Looking againg at that thing, I've got the urge to play so badly right now. I could just see it rounding corners and skittering away from towering wookies.

:D

That looks excellent. The scene with Chewie and the terrified little droid was always one of my favorites. . . Chewie just looking so pleased with himself. :lol

Originally posted by Exodus@Apr 2 2006, 11:10 PM
25mph. Are you serious, that's really awesome.  Very nice looking piece.
[snapback]1218797[/snapback]​

Yeah, I think IÂ’m going to put some stiffer shocks on it. I put heavier springs on it but still managed to roll it on a fast/sharp turn. These things are important when youÂ’re fleeing wookies. :lol One nice thing about the Star Wars universe is that itÂ’s ok if things get a little banged up. :thumbsup

Suspension tuning a mouse droid....love it. :cool :thumbsup

Ya I was going to mention the wheels as well...I'm guessing the original wheels as well were not that "low profile" ;)

The details are amazing...

:cheers,

Thomas

Originally posted by SithLord@Apr 4 2006, 01:04 AM
Ya I was going to mention the wheels as well...I'm guessing the original wheels as well were not that "low profile" ;)

They were obviously wider too but that was the best fitting chasis I could find. Ooh. Maybe I'll put spinners on it and "Pimp My Mou$e" :lol

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back