COMPLETED! Live fire DL 44 Mauser & DEC based

Looks like you're seeing everything I ever had to deal with. Looks like it's already started, but soon your mount upright will bend forward. IF it's the cast kit, which it looks like it is.

I had to lighten the hammer springs too on the ones I built

Looks like you're seeing everything I ever had to deal with. Looks like it's already started, but soon your mount upright will bend forward. IF it's the cast kit, which it looks like it is.

I had to lighten the hammer springs too on the ones I built

The scope offset was due to the holes in the aluminum crossbar being off center, It was like that before install so I could choose upward cant or downward. I figured I'd just make a new one at some point to fix it. If the scope mount does bend I'll have to get a steel mount I guess.

Yep its all cast. I didn't bite fast enough to get any of the steel parts on the last run.

Last edited:
The action recoils a fraction of an inch rearwards before unlocking the bolt, then the bolt moves backwards and ejects the spent casing. If there is extra mass on the barrel (and there is, I weighed the section of cut barrel and the parts) it weakens the recoil impulse and delays locking, leaving less energy to properly cycle the bolt. So I used a weaker hammer spring coupled with a stiffer bolt return spring to compensate. My is chambered in 9mm so your mileage may vary. I have to thank Scottjua for the lubricated ammo trick, it improves feeding reliability immensely.

Initially there was no cycling problem, but as the gun broke in it began to develop one. Old springs didn't last long. Changing to weaker ammo later in testing also caused some issues.

Live fire video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cbtpQyXSYg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back