Commando Cody Helmet (Rocketman) Movie Serial

Update on the pep file: After having built and fibreglassed this, I'm not happy with the face plate. It sticks out too far in comparison to the proper one which looks like it was flush-fitting sheet metal.

So I've redone the face plate and also the edge loop on the helmet. The face plate and helmet are still two separate pieces, but the idea is to assemble the helmet, stiffen it with resin and perhaps even fibreglass it. Then, when the resin is set, tape the face plate into position where it should butt up snugly against the helmet, then stiffen it with resin to the point where it can be removed from the helmet and fibreglassed inside. This should give two mating pieces with the helmet shell having an edge loop all the way round.

Hopefully I'll get it unfolded and posted later today. In the meantime I'll remove the files from my Dropbox.

Faceplate flush fitting.png

Hi, yes I think the 9" is the overall width of the helmet, not the faceplate. Thanks for making the file!
One of these helmets (Original) was in my office for a couple of years and these dimensions seem correct. If I remember correctly, the visor was held closed with old style rubber boot clips. Like these:
s-l300.jpg
I'll see if I have a better photo than this, but you can see the Cody helmet in scale to the original Gort helmet,(which was huge):
IMG_1477.jpg

And here's a one-piece build, scaled at 230mm or 9 inches wide. Single piece because I see that was how they were used in several scenes. It will make building the helmet much easier and I should have thought of this earlier. The join line is incorporated in the build, so it can be used as a guide to scribing a fake join into the bondo. It's A4, but for folks in the States, the file is unlocked and you just have to alter the paper size in File / Print and Paper Settings, and perhaps rearrange some of the pages.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44805117/Commando Cody - single piece helmet - Blaxmyth.pdo

single piece helmet.png

Oh, and lmgill - love your office! :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance these files could make a reappearance. I just found them and would love to make a Cody helmet for my kids. Thanks.
Jmaxwell522

He Blaxmyth! It's been a long time since I was back on this forum, been really busy! Is there any chance you can reupload those PDFs? I'd like to give this another stab, now that I have time! Cheers!

I'm quite late to the Party - are the updated Pepakura Files available?
Did anyone ever make some STL files for 3D Printing?
I see some elements from a Knight's Helmet, perhaps even an Airplane Nose Cone considering how old this series was.
Really looking forward to working up a decent version of this and the Rocketeer.

WHOOPS! I just found the other page on this Topic...SMH

Thanks,

-Todd H

Looking at the photos, I see a propeller spinner that has been modified. These are usually spun aluminum. With the dimensions one might find one at an aircraft boneyard. Seems like a pretty simple conversion.

Olá a todos gostaria de saber se alguém tem arquivos de impressora 3D para os acessórios do nosso querido Rocketman vou customizá-lo obrigado a todos
Aos cuidados de Jorge Luiz

Um, yeah, they're in the posts above. A4 and Letter. Cheers! (y):)
Did anyone make the Commando Cody Rocket helmet you've been referencing over the years? We spoof old movies on our show - would like to know where one might be available at a reasonable price.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back