Comic style Spiderman - opinions/advice

WicKeDM6

Hey Guys,

i just joined up at the RPF after being a long time viewer/admirer of the cool costumes and props i see here each day.

i decided to post my spiderman costume that i have pieced together in order to get some opinions and possibly advice on my

comic style spidey suit

a few things to note

- This cotume cost me no more than $65AUS
- I am in no way experienced at costume making or alterations
- i simply just am pro-active with ideas i have and like to be creative

ok, so for fun, i decided to see if i could make myself a cheap but decent spiderman costume (comic book style)

i ordered a zentai spiderman costume from ebay in a size Medium for $42AUS which ended up being a perfect fit..... the downfall however was that the suit had the crappiest mask attached that i had ever seen:
img4666s.jpg

As u can see, the mask was terrible... to note, there is also some minor flaws with the under arm connections of the blue and red patterns, but these i can live with for the price i paid

In order to improve the costume, i cut off the attached mask and stitched the neck area in order to secure the zip (which runs down the back). I then purchased a deluxe spiderman replica mask for $12.50AUS from Amazon.

i keep the mask seperate from the suit as it both looks good while im wearing it and can be removed in order to have a drink etc.

heres me wearing the spidey suit in its current form:
img5236.png

img5235.png

I would like to attach some souls to the feet, as i have a costume party coming up..... any suggestions and directions on how to apply them??

let me know what u guys think.....

cheers guys

Last edited by a moderator:
The mask really brings It out, I heard someone say they used woman flats for soles because they are less bulky I guess you would need small feet too.

the mask it came with made me laught, sinse when has spider man had a target web above his eyebrows :D. the mask you bought looks prertty sweet

I really like that mask! I think I'm going to attempt a Spidey suit sometime in the future, and I'm definitely going to go more for a comic book Spidey than the movie versions.

Yeah the downside about this costume is that it has a huge ugly red zipper running down the back lol........ I was quite happy with the costume overall considering it was cheap... Good for parties and stuff

Has anyone purchased a spider-man "rental" costume from disguise? Wondering what the quality is like considering its only around $150

Oh wow, this looks great. I found the Spider-Man zentai suit and the deluxe mask online myself, and I wondered if they would work together. Clearly they do! It looks great and it sounds like this is a pretty cheap ensemble.

I also have the disguise costume. FOr the price it is pretty cool, but definitely needs some tweaking.

I am adding some soles (using water shoes) also, the gloves are attached, which is kind of annoying, so I'm thinking about purchasing a pair of the disguise gloves and cutting off the attached gloves at the wrists.

The mask is ok, I'd give it a 6/10. Fit is nice, but the middle seam is a bit sloppy and it leaves a strange bump on the forehead. The eyes are shaped well, but the white mesh is a bit too see through. I might try to add a layer beneath or replace it with something better.

The above is all just nitpicking, my real beef with the mask are the two nose holes that they added (as though spandex is somehow not easy enough to breathe through) I am trying to figure out how to fix that, or if there is a better mask that I can buy to replace this, but match colors. Any suggestions?

The mask is ok, I'd give it a 6/10. Fit is nice, but the middle seam is a bit sloppy and it leaves a strange bump on the forehead. The eyes are shaped well, but the white mesh is a bit too see through. I might try to add a layer beneath or replace it with something better.

The above is all just nitpicking, my real beef with the mask are the two nose holes that they added (as though spandex is somehow not easy enough to breathe through) I am trying to figure out how to fix that, or if there is a better mask that I can buy to replace this, but match colors. Any suggestions?

No I totally agree...... It's ridiculous how there are nose holes on a spandex mask lol...... I think it's something to do with child safety, in order to have the mask pass safety regulations in regards to younger kids and stuff

With the mask.... I'm sorry but I have no other suggestions towards a better product

I won't be wearing my budget comic style suit anymore as I have just finished working with brad (spidey4fun) on making a spidey suit for me. He is one of the top names in spidey suits lol, therefore my budget spidey will be left in a box somewhere lol

No I totally agree...... It's ridiculous how there are nose holes on a spandex mask lol...... I think it's something to do with child safety, in order to have the mask pass safety regulations in regards to younger kids and stuff

With the mask.... I'm sorry but I have no other suggestions towards a better product

I won't be wearing my budget comic style suit anymore as I have just finished working with brad (spidey4fun) on making a spidey suit for me. He is one of the top names in spidey suits lol, therefore my budget spidey will be left in a box somewhere lol
LUCKY!!!! i want one of his suits how much do they run for?

LUCKY!!!! i want one of his suits how much do they run for?

I got a raimi / spidey4fun red blue with printed webbing and spiders plus with an extra mask that has comic style lenses for $800

I didn't get the urethane webbing cos I will be using this suit a lot and don't want gluing issues with all the webbing

I got a raimi / spidey4fun red blue with printed webbing and spiders plus with an extra mask that has comic style lenses for $800

I didn't get the urethane webbing cos I will be using this suit a lot and don't want gluing issues with all the webbing

Awesome I really wanna see how those lenses come out you gotta post pics as soon as you get it

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back