Color question for ALIENS pulse rifle builders

Gigatron

Sr Member
Hey guys,

I know the original color was bess brown, but I prefer to go the olive drab route. Now I can't find olive drab, locally in stores. Home depot carries camoflauge green and army green. Are either of these close to milspec olive drab?

I tried ordering olive drab from an online supplier, but the order just suits there in limbo, and they don't respond to emails.

If neither of the HD colors are correct, does anyone have an online supplier they can recommend?

Thanks,
Fred

Hey guys,

I know the original color was bess brown, but I prefer to go the olive drab route. Now I can't find olive drab, locally in stores. Home depot carries camoflauge green and army green. Are either of these close to milspec olive drab?

I tried ordering olive drab from an online supplier, but the order just suits there in limbo, and they don't respond to emails.

If neither of the HD colors are correct, does anyone have an online supplier they can recommend?

Thanks,
Fred
I would try Ebay ,or contact Matsuo ,he usually had boxes shipped to him of paint when he did the PRs for individuals and he may have some or send you directly to the supplier he has used in the past...

Army Surplus stores usually carry cans of it.

Our Army/Navy surplus store sucks. We only have one in the entire burrough, and only 2 in a 50 mile radius.

The one that's nearby is only "army surplus" in that they carry chinese knock-offs of BDUs and a couple of MA1 flight jackets. Otherwise, all they carry is stuff for guys who work construction - steel toe boots, dickies/carhart jackets and pants and some thermal underpants.

Probably haven't been able to get true military surplus from them, since the end of 'Nam, :lol.

Next time I PM with Matsuo, I'll ask him if he has any cans he might be willing to let go.

-Fred

As luck would have it, Rob, I just need to do a little touch up work on the mag/battery pack, and I'll be ready for a photo shoot. Keep an eye on the forums :cool

-Fred

It was suggested to me to use that Krylon Ultraflat camoflage Olive Drab. It's got enough brown in it to lean towards bess but still look green. Mind you, I haven't painted my PR yet so I have no pictures to show.

I used what Talisen suggested, Krylon Ultraflat camoflage Olive Drab. It went on great and is super durable for handling.
DSC03215.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back