Colonial Viper (in paper/cardstock)

Rhaven Blaack

I know that it has been awhile since I have been on here. However, I would like everyone to know that both my family and I are doing well while dealing with this whole COVID-19 issue. I hope and pray that all of your OK as well.

TO show you what I have been doing to keep myself busy, while in quarantine, I just finished a beta test build of a paper/cardstock model of the Colonial Viper (from the original BSG).
Here are the photos.
Yes, EVERYTHING that you see in these photos (to include the launch rail) is made of paper/cardstock.
If you would like to see the entire build thread, please check out this link:
https://www.zealot.com/…/scorpion-sh...ta-test-buil…/
If you would like to learn more about paper/cardstock model building, please check out www.zealot.com
20200329_155921.jpg

20200329_164327.jpg

20200330_191540.jpg

20200330_191601.jpg

20200330_191614.jpg

20200330_191622.jpg

20200330_191632.jpg

20200330_191641.jpg

20200330_191650.jpg

Everything has been sent back to the designer for review and revision. Once he has finished it, then it will be released.
There are other variations in the works as well.

I am continually amazed at what can be done with paper. Nice work.
Thank you very much. Even though paper has limitations, there is quite a bit that you can do and make with paper.
Paper/cardstock model building is something that I have done for a very long time. Paper/cardstock model building is considerably cheaper than most other mediums (to include plastic). Not only that, but there are more SCI-FI models available in paper/cardstock then all other mediums combined.

Yo pal, great post of your bird! I'll be posting my Alpha build as well soon. (Yep, I designed the template for this bird in association with Rhaven; the opening canopy is his work ;) .)

This is the link to the prototype (Alpha) build:

Have fun and enjoy! :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back