Clue the movie props

Found the knife on eBay: PAKISTAN KNIVES Commando Knife 11 1/4" Overall Matte Finish Brass

It has begun. I also scored a candlestick holder off of ebay as well. Next I am trying to track down the revolver, but everyone is selling the short stubby barrel. When i have the others, I can just stop at the hardware store and pick up rope and pipe.
I've got the same knife on it's way to me. Bought the candlesticks and the plumbing wrench about two months ago. They are a perfect match to what we see on screen.
As others have said, the revolver is difficult to find, might just make my own replica. Would be really hard to import one to Australia anyway.
Just picked up the right sized pipe too. The rope can be added at anytime.
See if you can post pics of the weapons you've got so far. Happy collecting :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the same knife on it's way to me. Bought the candlesticks and the plumbing wrench about two months ago. They are a perfect match to what we see on screen.
As others have said, the revolver is difficult to find, might just make my own replica. Would be really hard to import one to Australia anyway.
Just picked up the right sized pipe too. The rope can be added at anytime.
See if you can post pics of the weapons you've got so far. Happy collecting :cheers

Anyone able to tell me what size plumbing pipe Mr. Green had??? I am guessing 12 inches, but if anyone actually knows, that would be swell. I am looking for the OD and ID as well. Tracked down the wrench. It should be here next week. When I get the rest, I plan on making Mr. Body's suitcase to put them into. Getting closer.

Anyone able to tell me what size plumbing pipe Mr. Green had??? I am guessing 12 inches, but if anyone actually knows, that would be swell. I am looking for the OD and ID as well. Tracked down the wrench. It should be here next week. When I get the rest, I plan on making Mr. Body's suitcase to put them into. Getting closer.
Someone else in this thread said 1 1/2 inches diameter for the pipe. That looks right from the screencap to me, so that's what i went with. The length is 18 inches i believe, but should'nt matter all that much. It can be hard to tell because someones hand is usually covering the pipe when they are holding it in the movie, this can make it difficult to judge.

Someone else in this thread said 1 1/2 inches diameter for the pipe. That looks right from the screencap to me, so that's what i went with. The length is 18 inches i believe, but should'nt matter all that much. It can be hard to tell because someones hand is usually covering the pipe when they are holding it in the movie, this can make it difficult to judge.

I will agree with the 1 1/2 inch dia. I did find a picture with Tim Curry holding all the weapons on a tray. If I really wanted to find out, I guess I could do some math and get closer to the real deal.

clue.JPG

Also, my candlestick has arrived and my wrench is going to be here any day!! FYI I looked and looked for this wrench. It has to be the real deal. I mean production had to remove as much trade markings but it is the real deal. I will take more pictures when it arrives.

10991382_10205278771721181_3809154308149997776_n.jpg

The wrench has to be a Billings Coes 12" Adjustable Monkey Wrench. The nut is the give away. It is more square than others that are out there. The Triangle logo... I am 99.9% think this is the right one! And it is all mine!

11001852_10205278771921186_7833210073081705343_n.jpg

I will take more pictures when it arrives. Perhaps do a comparison. Does anyone have any idea what kind of suitcase that Mr. Boddy had to keep all the gifts inside? I know it might be a long shot, but if you know, could you share with the class??

Thank you!

The knife is an old WWII British Commando Knife.
View attachment 272907

The candlestick is an antique "King of Diamonds" candlestick. Diamonds Candlesticks

Here's a pic of my Clue weapon collection:
View attachment 272908

Here is my collection. The only weapon I do not have is the H&R. That's a tough firearm to find. I managed to reproduce a few of the blackmail photos as well. The wrench is a british issued Billings/Coe wrench (UK Gas Grip, whatever that is) stamped with a triangle symbol centered with a 'B', the candlestick is one of the Diamond Jubilee collection, "The Diamond Princess" (pretty easy to find on ebay- got mine for $60 a set) and the dagger is an old Fairbarn Sykes WWII British Commando Knife (those are pricy, but I found a cheap replica in brass for $25 on ebay). The pistol (according to IMFDb) is an H&R model 732 with nickel finish and a 4" barrel. The rope is a standard hemp- I can't tell whether it's 5/8" or 3/4", and the lead pipe is a 1 1/2" x 18" standard galvanized iron pipe nipple (Home Depot).

View attachment 340235View attachment 340234View attachment 340233View attachment 340232View attachment 340236View attachment 340237View attachment 340238View attachment 340239View attachment 340240

Love the collection. Crap I priced some of the items and geesh. do you have good alternate/resin replica sites for these?

Marc Wagner mentioned the King of Diamonds is the right candlestick holder while Gary Ambrosia says it is the "The Diamond Princess" is the right one. Which one is it? I happen to have both models and I feel that the King of Diamonds would be the right one. Any insight would be welcomed. Thank you!

Marc Wagner mentioned the King of Diamonds is the right candlestick holder while Gary Ambrosia says it is the "The Diamond Princess" is the right one. Which one is it? I happen to have both models and I feel that the King of Diamonds would be the right one. Any insight would be welcomed. Thank you!
It's the Princess. I was wrong on my original post.

Attachments

• candlestick.png
    candlestick.png
    676.2 KB · Views: 480
I am also confident that is the same wrench used in the film. Really don't mean to burst your bubble or anything, but your candlestick pictured is from the same grouping of vintage candlesticks, but does not match this screenshot from Clue showing the candlestick in it's box. I believe you've picked up the King or Queen Diamond series, instead of Diamond princess. They are slightly different, but if your not fussed , stick with the one you just got.
No info to help you with suitcase i'm afraid, but i would be curious to find out tooSC20150219-175809.jpg

I'm pretty sure the candlestick is the Prince model. Try superimposing the image of the candlestick over the movie still and it should match.

I'm so glad I stumbled on to this page! I've always been a super-fan of Clue the board game and movies. I'm starting my collection! A few quick questions:

The candlestick in the movie looks like it is a bit smoother in the "beehive" section than the real versions. Also, is the base a square? The real life Princess/Prince of Diamonds is more of an octagonal shape to it. I'm curious if the prop in the film was just MADE to look similar to the Princess/Prince of Diamonds and is not a genuine.

How long a length of rope would one need to get the desired length (including hangman's noose) from the scene where the guests discover Yvette on the billiard table? movie-of-the-day-clue-L-SkbLrm.jpeg

This is the last of the clue props that i had to acquire. The commando knife was difficult and also a bit pricy as i had no luck importing one and had to buy through a local knife shop. At least in this way i was able to get a U.K made one and not an ebay cheapy.
So a guy i work with was willing to try and 3d print the H & R for me using an existing file for another revolver and tweaking it to match the H & R as much as possible. I did'nt want to go through the hassle and expense of importing a real gun from America, which is pretty much the only country i saw them available to purchase. And also i have a seven- month old daughter, needless to say my wife was not keen on the idea of a real gun in our place. Although it is solid with no working parts, i think he did a good job except for the shape of the grips, what do you guys think? I'll post pics again once i get a chance to paint itSC20150220-230230.jpg20150628_144139.jpg

Last edited:
Hasbro needs to make a movie version of the game. It's the anniversary and still nothing. Thanks for all the prop information. After a few other things these are next.

Has anyone ever made a set of game cards that are pictured at the end of the movie? I've played Clue my entire life and love the movie. Always wanted those cards as my playing cards. Anyone know?

This is the last of the clue props that i had to acquire. The commando knife was difficult and also a bit pricy as i had no luck importing one and had to buy through a local knife shop. At least in this way i was able to get a U.K made one and not an ebay cheapy.
So a guy i work with was willing to try and 3d print the H & R for me using an existing file for another revolver and tweaking it to match the H & R as much as possible. I did'nt want to go through the hassle and expense of importing a real gun from America, which is pretty much the only country i saw them available to purchase. And also i have a seven- month old daughter, needless to say my wife was not keen on the idea of a real gun in our place. Although it is solid with no working parts, i think he did a good job except for the shape of the grips, what do you guys think? I'll post pics again once i get a chance to paint itView attachment 495835View attachment 495836
I know this is an old thread but how did the prop revolver turn out. I'm gathering the weapons props and don't want to go through the hassle of getting the real gun. Is there a 3D print plan out there somewhere?

Hi, i guess it turned out good enough. Most guys on this thread had a close enough gun, possibly toys, but something is better than a missing prop. 20180320_194443.jpg
Good luck with finding the clue props!

Any progress on that suitcase? I too have been planning on making one, and would love any information on his briefcase if anyone has it.

Last edited:
Hi, all! I'm new to the thread, though I've been reading it for a bit. I was wondering if anyone had any information on Mr. Boddy's briefcase, as I'm looking into making my own. Does anyone out there know anything at all about it? Thanks!

Hi, all! I'm new to the thread, though I've been reading it for a bit. I was wondering if anyone had any information on Mr. Boddy's briefcase, as I'm looking into making my own. Does anyone out there know anything at all about it? Thanks!

Have'nt found anything myself, but not really invested in the search right now. It would be a nice way to display them in the briefcase.That, or maybe even the boxes Mr Body gives out to the guests

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back