Limited Run CLOSED - ESB Hoth Scanner Metal Plates and "Jigsaw" Pieces

Folks, I don’t see chrome! It does look like patina or rust is there. Mild steel would be really hard to “control” where the rust was and was not. I think aluminum is the way to go and the rust can simply be painted on. Just my two cents!

awesome job Mike, thanks again. Any thoughts on the concealed hinges on top? I’d imagine a sheet metal shop could make these like the pieces for the top of the Bowcaster we’re made.

Folks, I don’t see chrome! It does look like patina or rust is there. Mild steel would be really hard to “control” where the rust was and was not. I think aluminum is the way to go and the rust can simply be painted on. Just my two cents!

awesome job Mike, thanks again. Any thoughts on the concealed hinges on top? I’d imagine a sheet metal shop could make these like the pieces for the top of the Bowcaster we’re made.
I believe the original "jigsaw" found parts were galvanized (basically zinc plated, not chrome plated) steel. The zinc layer appears to have been scratched off in many places, exposing the steel underneath to the air and allowing rust to form on those areas. If one were trying to replicate the specific weathering seen on the prop, actively scraping and scratching the plating off in an intentional way could be done to control where the rust is and isn't able to form. But going with aluminum pieces would allow you to come at it with a different approach as you say, so it really comes down to your preferences. I'll mark you down for aluminum jigsaw parts!

I'm going to leave this open over the weekend and then place the order with the laser cutting company on Monday January 17, 2022.

enaswede kurtyboy OdiWan72 Saranac ModelBuilder TatooineMachine DarthWilder cdyoung 3DImpact Fekali Dagobah Don Max Replica lonepigeon Mr_Sparkle .... Please let me know if you want your "jigsaw" parts to be aluminum or raw mild steel. I'll need the same info from any new folks who would like to get in on this before I close it down.

Cheers!

Aluminum for my two full sets please
But I‘d consider an extra set in steel, just to have the option

Thanks!

I'm going to leave this open over the weekend and then place the order with the laser cutting company on Monday January 17, 2022.

enaswede kurtyboy OdiWan72 Saranac ModelBuilder TatooineMachine DarthWilder cdyoung 3DImpact Fekali Dagobah Don Max Replica lonepigeon Mr_Sparkle .... Please let me know if you want your "jigsaw" parts to be aluminum or raw mild steel. I'll need the same info from any new folks who would like to get in on this before I close it down.

Cheers!
i want raw mild steel please

Last call! If any of you haven't specified if you want aluminum versus steel jigsaw parts, I'm going to assume you want aluminum and place the order accordingly.

Thanks folks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back