Clone Wars Battle Droid / OOM -10

Torolf

Hey guys, I've been working on building a full size battle droid and I thought I'd share my work with you all. The droid I decided to build is OOM-10 the reprogrammed command droid that served under R2 during the Spire mission in season 1 of TCW. Here's a picture for reference (he;'s the one in the middle).

I started with a 3d printed head that was on thingiverse, then built the neck out of wood, sintra and a steel rod.

Next I built the torso out of foam-core, sintra and pvc pipe. I designed the droid to disassemble into 6 pices (head, torso, arms and legs).

I then built the hip joints out of spray paint caps, pvc caps and more foam-core. Once the torso was fully assembled I sealed all of the foam with acrylic gloss medium that I found at walmart. The whole thing was then coated with 2 couts of filler-primer then painted with rustomleum camo khaki and satin wildflower blue which I dulled down with steel wool. I also bought a used 90's hasbro droid blaster and made some modifications to make it more accurate.

This is the finished product so far. The legs and pack are up next.

Last edited:
I believe that's the head I modeled. Love the extra details you added! It's great that you're following the animated show aesthetic, which was somewhat different from the moves.

Yeah that's the one. Thanks for sharing the model!

So, a bit of an update.. he's finished! Sadly I forgot to take progress pictures of the arms and backpack.

Here's a close up of his hands.

And his backpack.

Last one to put things in perspective. I'm 6'1" and he's 6'3" when he's standing straight so about an inch taller than he should be.. oops. Hopefully no Seperatist inspectors show up to check if he's to factory specs. I also added a bit of Mandalorian flair on the right shouler since he's going to be the unofficial mascot for the Arkansas mercs.

Truly Awsome work there friend.
Definitely on my to do list.
I can only hope it comes out half as good as yours did.
Much props!
Robert

Thanks everyone!

Truly Awsome work there friend.
Definitely on my to do list.
I can only hope it comes out half as good as yours did.
Much props!
Robert

They're a ton of fun to build. If you need any help when you start yours let me know. I'd be glad to share tips, measurements, etc.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back