Clone Trooper 1/6 scale model for 3D print

janglesworthy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys I'm working on a 1/6 scale clone trooper model that I will be 3D printing hopefully soon. Most of the model is almost finished I'm down to smaller details now and figuring out how I'm going to break it apart and key it. I'm debating printing the ILM rig pose as a reference maquette or just an action pose.

I have a test rig setup so I can get multiple poses out of the model quickly and easily. Here are some pics of the reference pose and a regular pose with rifle. The fingers are not rigged, they look a little funky right now holding the gun.
cl_ref.jpg
cl_pose.jpg
cl_rifle.jpg

Last edited:
thanks man, I have spent a lot of time researching and matching every part of it to the ILM model. Fun fact some people are not aware of is that there is a difference in the body armor for phase 1 vs phase 2.

here is a comparison between the ILM model and mine. It's still not perfect but it's getting close enough
cl_comp.jpg

cl_comp1.jpg

Last edited:
thanks hunk. I use maya and zbrush for this. I do all the hard surface parts in maya and the soft parts/combining and keying in zbrush. I will print this out on an epax x1-dj and epax x10.

Hi, you did a great job, can't wait to see the printed model! A curiosity, where did you get those photos of the original model? Are there any pictures of Phase I as well?

Hey Yuki, I got them out of star wars chronicles the prequels book. It has phase 1 and 2, tons of reference for them. It is the greatest reference book for the prequels ever created. The only negative is the pictures are small, but you can trace them and blow them up.

You can find the book on ebay and maybe amazon. It don't think it's too expensive.

Thank you so much for your reply, I've been looking for good images of the clones and droids for years! I want to create 3d models to make accurate clone armor.

I'm going to be printing and selling physical model kits/bust kits. I won't be releasing stl's. I'll have a head sculpt soon so show though for the helmet off swap out.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. I got them from Star Wars Chronicles The Prequels book. It's a great book, only bad thing is the best images are small. I wish they would make a digital 4k version of the book.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back