Clone Boots Made for $25.00

WhiteCommando

I started with these $15.00 Wal-Mart Basketball Shoes...

15bucks.jpg

Then covered the toe with inexpensive vinyl using CA glue. To hide the detailing stitch.

I then added craft foam cut into different shapes (at .75¢ per sheet). I just used CA glue on the outer side, so it is nice and flat, and Industrial Velcro on the inner side (a flap that I can lift to make it easier to slide on)...

ctbootside.jpg

anglectboot.jpg

I may make a PDF of the shapes so anyone can print and cut the foam.

All that is left is to paint them with Shoe Dye Spray (it will make the whites more consistent in sheen and hue). A bit of light weathering, I may try charcoal, or even graphite from a pencil.

It was pretty easy.

Later Guys,

John

Pretty impressive, I looked all over for boots, and these look way better than what I came up with and cheaper too.
Count me in for a PDF, if you do one :)

Dude, I totally need those PDF Files. I just bought my craft foam this very evening, and have my shoes purchased as well. I bought some Magic32 shoes for $30 but I'm sure they'll work just as well.

Where did you come up with that, those look great.

Oh yes, I saw the same tutorial using foam and
tennis shoes LAST YEAR that C-DUB posted on Clonetroopers.net.

If you are going to steal someone's idea, you should probably give them just a little credit for it.

Darren

I concur with corranhornjje... man, you are harsh. You do not even know me, or know if I know C-Dub.

I do know C-Dub, and I did not steal the idea from him. He taught me how to do it through his open forum tutorial. I am just showing the shoes I made using that method and how much it cost me, and I did not mention him. But I did not say I created this process... as if it matters anyway.

SO, C-DUB USES CRAFT FOAM TO MAKE CLONE BOOTS OUT OF REEBOKS AND SO DO I, but I use Wal-Mart Basketball Shoes.

So 1068, since you are the velvet hammer idea police, I have given C-dub his credit. And I will post your remark on ct.net for their review.

As for this method, these are similar to the Reebok Tutorial, however, this is the 3rd set of shoes I have made. First set was with Wal-Mart Brahma ankle boots, the second with Kenneth Cole Reaction and this set with Tennies.

You know what, Gabe034, from ct.net, sent me a link to guy that made Biker scout boots out of cheap hiking boots, vinyl and glue, and I guess I stole his idea too since I covered the shoe details with glued on vinyl.

Here is a pauldron I made...

MyMasterpiece.jpg

and I posted a template on ct.net that is for a panel-by-panel construction, as well as e-mailing it out to anyone who asked. Of all the pauldrons out there, 1068, yours looks very similar to mine. Did you use my template?

Have I given enough credit for your satisfaction?

Jeez, anyone chime in if you felt that remark was out of line.

John

<div class='quotetop'>(tk1068 @ May 27 2006, 04:31 AM) [snapback]1251501[/snapback]</div>
Where did you come up with that, those look great.

Oh yes, I saw the same tutorial using foam and
tennis shoes LAST YEAR that C-DUB posted on Clonetroopers.net.

If you are going to steal someone's idea, you should probably give them just a little credit for it.

Darren
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(corranhornjje @ May 27 2006, 05:05 AM) [snapback]1251513[/snapback]</div>
Who here thought he 'stole' anything?
[/b]

I do. I mean, that stuff he's making looks like Star Wars clone troopers... he's totally ripping off Lucasfilm.

That's cool. I apologize. The 12 hour days at work are getting to me. Your shoes do look nice and a job well done.
Actually the pauldron I have was made by a friend of mine. I am not sure if he used a templet from you or anyone else.
Darren

The shoes look awesome, and the pauldrons look awesome. :D
TK1068's looks almost EXACTLY like mine, so much I did a double-take. :lol

I may have to upgrade, and head to Walmart tomorrow. :)

I am glad it is more chilled out in this room. No hard feelings. The cool thing about C-Dubs tutorial is it works on many shoe types. The beauty of this is price. If you have a Wal-Mart, CA Glue, Velcro, craft foam and an exacto blade...and patience, anyone can make these shoes.

I put them on today... comfy and will be great for trooping. Also, PDFs soon, but each person trying to make similar shoes, will have to do a little bit of adjustment to the template for different shoes and feet sizes.

Later Friends...

John

So we are clear, I did not invent this, it is just my interpretation and mixing of two tutorials on making Star Wars-styled shoes...

A good start is to use JeezyCreezy's (from Bikerscout.net) tutorial to cover a base shoe with vinyl...

http://members.allstream.net/~tj_/Bootorial2.0.html

Just get your tennis (or basketball) shoe front covered up.

Then utilize C-Dubs idea of using craft foam. Since I used Wal-Mart basketball shoes, these patterns will generally fit that shoe, and this template is for size 11 - you could shrink or enlarge slightly for smaller or larger shoe sizes in your print settings.

Detach all the pics below and print. They are 100% scale and should print on most inkjets. You may lose or crop a little off the shoe top part and strap, but just imagine where to draw the rest, then cut the foam.

Here you guys go. Test position all pieces before gluing for safety.

First, CA Glue the toe piece on first, rounded line is very tip of shoe...

Toe.jpg

Leave a quarter inch gap between toe piece and top piece. The yellow represents CA glue, and the grey bar is Industrial Velcro. Flip for the other shoe. The glued side should be outer and the Velcro used on the inner side (in-step of arch). The velcro allows you to open the shoe without stressing the foam. And it looks nice and flat when pulled over.

ShoeTop.jpg

I just used Industrial Velcro for easy repositioning...

Strap.jpg

CA glue the discs on each strap...

anklediscs.jpg

No template for this part, just cut four strips of 2" inch wide and .5" inch tall pieces for the detail on the top of the boot. I positioned right where the gap between the toe piece and shoe top is.

toe2inchstrips.gif

End result...

anglectboot.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back