Clock and Triangle-Tomb Raider

Eaglewood

Sr Member
Ok--I am fairly new to the RPF here and dont know any history of what happened in the past , but I obviously hit a nerve here with this one on my previous post. I dont care about what happened in the past and really dont want to know about it. I am just interested in any information that anyone here can give me on the Tomb Raider Clock and Triangle of Light. I want to do these myself.
Please--If you have information for me--Please reply--If you just want to rail on the past--please refrain from doing so, at least here.

Ok--now that is out of the way--lets get this going. I have the capability to do most of this myself, but I may need some help on some things. Let me get everything together and I will go from there--Help me out

Thanks

Clay

Applied Metal Technologies

From what I understand Prop Runner is very much interested in this prop and I know he does some outstanding renderings. PM him and he may be able to help you out.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)

~Joe

Originally posted by Gytheran@Dec 20 2005, 06:45 PM
From what I understand Prop Runner is very much interested in this prop and I know he does some outstanding renderings.  PM him and he may be able to help you out.
Actually, I already PMed Clay to apologize for my part in having his first thread locked, and offered to help with 3D CAD, but lucky man that he is, he has access to design and machining resources that I am quite envious of. Nevertheless, I hope I'll have something useful to contribute to his project.

Unfortunately, I've got no reference material from this film beyond an ability to provide DVD screen captures, and Clay is welcome to those if he asks. I look forward to seeing this project move forward and in participating in a positive discussion about this prop. :)

Good luck. :thumbsup

- Gabe

[Edit: thanks for the kind words, Joe. :) ]

Here is the pic of the fan made one I have.. Its not 100% acurate, but its cool non the less, and it splits in half

[attachmentid=5583]

The clock of ages would be a great prop to have, but i think it will be a bear to make. It could be cast in brass, but from experience (i took over darthscifi's omni production) can tell that cleaning up cast brass is tough, because they come out of the mold pretty rough (dents etc) and there are tiny airpockets underneath the surface which can make cleaning and polishing a b**ch.

Also the lack of really good reference material and inside info about the real one makes this one difficult

My hat will be off to anyone who can succesfully tack a project of this magnitude.

Marc

Originally posted by LeMarchand@Dec 21 2005, 01:01 PM
The clock of ages would be a great prop to have, but i think it will be a bear to make. It could be cast in brass, but from experience (i took over darthscifi's omni production) can tell that cleaning up cast brass is tough, because they come out of the mold pretty rough (dents etc) and there are tiny airpockets underneath the surface which can make cleaning and polishing a b**ch.

Also the lack of really good reference material and inside info about the real one makes this one difficult

My hat will be off to anyone who can succesfully tack a project of this magnitude.

Marc
[snapback]1140788[/snapback]​

Ahh yes--solid brass can be a b***h, but I have another process that works just great.. go to my website My Webpageand see what I am talking about.

I am just looking for any and all information I can get my hands on right now. Drawings, stills, DVD closeups, dimensions--whatever for the clock and the triangle. I will probably tackle the triangle first. I am probably going to machine it out of a solid block also, and splittable.That way I have a master to make some resin molds :love :lol :angel so anyone out there with the designs and dimensions---HELP ME.

The clock will be an ongoing process --As Gabe said, I have access to quite a bit of technology and am darn sure gong to use it.. So--give me what anyone has here. Anyone can email me directly at clay@appliedmetal.com with what ya got.
If it cant be emailed--let me know and I will make other arrangements.

Thanks
all,

Clay

Originally posted by Prop Runner+Dec 21 2005, 12:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prop Runner @ Dec 21 2005, 12:09 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gytheran
@Dec 20 2005, 06:45 PM
From what I understand Prop Runner is very much interested in this prop and I know he does some outstanding renderings.  PM him and he may be able to help you out.
Actually, I already PMed Clay to apologize for my part in having his first thread locked, and offered to help with 3D CAD, but lucky man that he is, he has access to design and machining resources that I am quite envious of. Nevertheless, I hope I'll have something useful to contribute to his project.

Unfortunately, I've got no reference material from this film beyond an ability to provide DVD screen captures, and Clay is welcome to those if he asks. I look forward to seeing this project move forward and in participating in a positive discussion about this prop. :)

Good luck. :thumbsup

- Gabe

[Edit: thanks for the kind words, Joe. :) ]
[snapback]1140495[/snapback]​
[/b]

Gabe--Im asking...-Get me what ya got--Thanks also. Clay

Originally posted by appliedmetal@Dec 21 2005, 03:55 PM
Gabe--Im asking...-Get me what ya got--Thanks also.  Clay
You got it, dude - this girl I'm dating has the DVD so when I see her tomorrow I'll borrow it. Hope she buys my story that I need it for screen caps and not for intimate personal moments with Angelina... :lol

- Gabe

Gabe--anything on the CD yet??

I am trying to get things together on this to get it going.

Clay

Originally posted by Prop Runner+Dec 21 2005, 08:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prop Runner @ Dec 21 2005, 08:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-appliedmetal
@Dec 21 2005, 03:55 PM
Gabe--Im asking...-Get me what ya got--Thanks also.  Clay
You got it, dude - this girl I'm dating has the DVD so when I see her tomorrow I'll borrow it. Hope she buys my story that I need it for screen caps and not for intimate personal moments with Angelina... :lol

- Gabe
[snapback]1141080[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by appliedmetal@Jan 7 2006, 12:11 PM
Gabe--anything on the CD yet??

I am trying to get things together on this to get it going.

Clay
Sorry, Clay - got sidetracked, but I did save a nice bunch of screen grabs in hi-res .BMP file format. I'll burn it to CD and mail it this week. :)

- Gabe

I'm working on both the Triangle and Clock. I'm going the 3d printed route though. One thing I noticed was the side references I found here are very similar to another rpf member on here who made an excellent replica.

As I modelled all mine from 2d drawings I used these as side reference see pic below. I will of course modify these if they are an infringement on another member.

I started with a sketch this was over 3 years ago so I changed loads since
179218_337533923034630_342465863_n.jpg

tracing in illustrator
581721_348927465228609_1056365658_n.jpg

I got the front pretty close, this is a front render in 3D Max :)
674x501_945263_888475_1363855862.jpg

Side panels modelled from the link above

482662_342400392547983_99805761_n.jpg

More of the model on my Shapeways here

As far as the clock is concerned I have modelled this so far :)

original_352_17029_1364230294.jpg

More soon :)

Paul

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back