Clerks 3 trailer is live

Yeah I know they have done a lot of breaking the fourth wall stuff, but it seems to be getting excessive starting with the last Jay & Silent Bob Reboot movie.

Reboot was indulgent and disjointed in the extreme. Probably my least favorite of the askewniverse. Although Smith readily admits he's a boring director when it comes to cinematography, it was particularly evident there, with endless two shots/reversals without giving the viewer a sense of the space or doing any blocking showing the characters moving about or interacting. Several scenes had the appearance of them being shot at different times/places, even though BTS material indicates all the actors involved were indeed there at the same time.
Better hopes for this one.

Last edited:
Clerks was one of those things that doesn't need a follow up nor is it "franchise" material. It is perfect for what it was for the time it was made, and for and by the people that made it. It's beloved for that reason.

Having said that, this feels like the story that should've been Clerks II. I've not liked anything that Kevin Smith has done after Clerks at all, but this looks interesting and I may actually give this an enthused watch.

I'm in... I'll prob see it when he tours it to Vancouver...

They're not really GOOD movies... but if you've followed through the years, they're basically just fan service in-jokes movies... I've followed since clerks so even little moments like "Hey! Marc Bernardin! Will he get a line this time?" clips get me hyped.

And at least this is Randal and Dante... Those two are strong characters - even more so than Jay and Silent bob.

Kevin Smith is one of those people I can listen to telling stories for hours on end. His movies however......other than Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (the first one), I've never cared for any of them.

Kevin Smith is one of those people I can listen to telling stories for hours on end. His movies however......other than Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (the first one), I've never cared for any of them.
I couldn’t have said it better.

Clerks 1 & 2 are some of my all time favorite movies, 2 ended the story excellent.. we don’t need a 3rd one

Looks like kevin is just doing what the rest of Hollywood is..

Looks like kevin is just doing what the rest of Hollywood is..

The best image and line to represent Kevin Smith and the Fandom.

JB_BeautifulA.jpg

Yeah, the concept of Clerks has become really dated and the “snoogie boochies” Mewes character, after 30 years, is a bit worn out. It’s like rolling out Steve Urkel for yet another go-round of “did I do that???”.

I mean, these are actors who now have AARP cards attempting to play characters that were apparently frozen in their evolution in 1996- 1999. That’s pretty sad.

I was there for it when Clerks I came out, but I was 19 years old at the time. My tastes have moved on. The movie appears to be an exercise in pointing backwards…”remember when they talked about the construction personnel on the Death Star in Clerks I?”

Sorry, my man…

E38C45E3-BC98-43F1-94D4-3127912A7758.jpeg

EA1C4B6F-679C-4996-93DB-097891DF82F6.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t know if people just can’t come up with new crap.. or they’re just afraid to try something new..

I don’t know if people just can’t come up with new crap.. or they’re just afraid to try something new..

It’s a matter of the most minimal risk and effort for the highest likelihood of money earned. Or, what the industry calls, “a franchise”.

Wow—I’m in a really cynical mood today, for some reason.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back