Classic BSG prop

Talisen

Sr Member
Hey all, I've been slowly working on a few Classic BSG props and I finally got one finished.

Here's my classic Blaster:

Also on the go are a Cylon Helmet, and a full Viper pilot costume - helmet, boots et al.

DarkLordSalvo

I have one of these sitting around on my To-Do-list also. Excellent weathering, just enough and not too much. Did you go by any specific characters gun for reference?

Oh, what'd you use for your stand?

roboprop

Nice job there Talisen.

Looks like a BSG.org blaster... I have one of those bad boys too.

Darrin

Talisen

Sr Member
Thanks all.

I don't know the particular origin of my kit, it was a gift bought off another friend who didn't want it anymore.

As for the weathering ref. I based it off of a couple screen caps of Apollo's gun, I only had part of the left side to look at so I had to wing it. The stand is a cheap airsoft stand from www.Xtremez.com

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
WOW. :eek How di you you do the weathering so subtle??? That looks fantastic.

kell

<div class='quotetop'>(Funky Jedi @ May 28 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]1252422[/snapback]</div>
[/b]
Totally agree with Funky, The weathering really makes it. Gives a slight used look. :thumbsup

Kell

DarkLordSalvo

<div class='quotetop'>(kell @ May 29 2006, 03:25 AM) [snapback]1252434[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Funky Jedi @ May 28 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]1252422[/snapback]
[/b]
Totally agree with Funky, The weathering really makes it. Gives a slight used look. :thumbsup

Kell
[/b][/quote]

The key word is "slightly used". That's what makes it actually one of the nicer looking ones that I've seen.

Houston Robocop

Wow.... Very Nice.

I've just bought one last month and haven't decided if I should painted like it's brand spanking new or weather it a little like yours.

I also bought a flash strobe and sample sound chip circuit that I want to add into the blaster :)

Nick

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
<div class='quotetop'>(Talisen @ May 28 2006, 10:10 PM) [snapback]1252400[/snapback]</div>
I based it off of a couple screen caps of Apollo's gun
[/b]
{Apollo checks holster} ;)

Nice Pistol.. :)

jedi5150

Awesome. I've been working on one my little bro bought on ebay, I may "borrow" your color scheme.

-Doug

Pauleysolo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I weathered one in a similar-subtle way using silver rub and buff in very small amounts applied along the raised detail edges with my finger...