Classic BSG prop

Talisen

Sr Member
Hey all, I've been slowly working on a few Classic BSG props and I finally got one finished.

Here's my classic Blaster:

Port-Back.jpg

Star-Front.jpg

Star-profile.jpg

Also on the go are a Cylon Helmet, and a full Viper pilot costume - helmet, boots et al.

I have one of these sitting around on my To-Do-list also. Excellent weathering, just enough and not too much. Did you go by any specific characters gun for reference?

Oh, what'd you use for your stand?

Thanks all.

I don't know the particular origin of my kit, it was a gift bought off another friend who didn't want it anymore.

As for the weathering ref. I based it off of a couple screen caps of Apollo's gun, I only had part of the left side to look at so I had to wing it. The stand is a cheap airsoft stand from www.Xtremez.com

<div class='quotetop'>(Funky Jedi @ May 28 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]1252422[/snapback]</div>
WOW. :eek How di you you do the weathering so subtle??? That looks fantastic.
[/b]

Totally agree with Funky, The weathering really makes it. Gives a slight used look. :thumbsup

Kell

<div class='quotetop'>(kell @ May 29 2006, 03:25 AM) [snapback]1252434[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Funky Jedi @ May 28 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]1252422[/snapback]
WOW. :eek How di you you do the weathering so subtle??? That looks fantastic.
[/b]

Totally agree with Funky, The weathering really makes it. Gives a slight used look. :thumbsup

Kell
[/b][/quote]

The key word is "slightly used". That's what makes it actually one of the nicer looking ones that I've seen.

Wow.... Very Nice.

I've just bought one last month and haven't decided if I should painted like it's brand spanking new or weather it a little like yours.

I also bought a flash strobe and sample sound chip circuit that I want to add into the blaster :)

Nick

<div class='quotetop'>(Talisen @ May 28 2006, 10:10 PM) [snapback]1252400[/snapback]</div>
I based it off of a couple screen caps of Apollo's gun
[/b]

{Apollo checks holster} ;)

Nice Pistol.. :)

I weathered one in a similar-subtle way using silver rub and buff in very small amounts applied along the raised detail edges with my finger...

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back