Clarkson fired, Top Gear taken off schedules

Re: Clarkson suspended, Top Gear taken off schedules

To be honest the bloke has become a parody of himself, right wing, tax dodging, racist, sexist, idiot.....and even sadder is the 'media' outcry, a sorry indictment of both UK popular culture and the state of the majority of our press, rather than the actual importance of the story.....mind you beats Big Brother stories I guess

I credit him for the popularity of the Honey Badger.
No it didn't start with the youtube video.
It started with the TG safari episode.

There's no top gear without him. The BBC has had it's politically correct panties in a bunch over him for awhile now and this was the thing they needed to get rid of him. So far in comments on various sites there's more support for him than the BBC or the person he fought with. Actually most folks think the other person is the one who needs fired.

There's no top gear without him. The BBC has had it's politically correct panties in a bunch over him for awhile now and this was the thing they needed to get rid of him. So far in comments on various sites there's more support for him than the BBC or the person he fought with. Actually most folks think the other person is the one who needs fired.

Yet it's stupid to get rid of him at all, he is the only reason they have a successful show. Without him, they lose the #1 show they own. That's like Disney saying they're going to stop releasing Frozen because they're mad at the director.

I've been an avid fan of Top Gear ever since it was re-formatted in the early 2000's and without Clarkson there simply is no show. The brilliance of TG is the chemistry between Clarkson, Hammond and May. If you take any one of them off the show it just wouldn't be the same as evidenced in some of the specials they have done between seasons where it's just two of them together. There's no arguing that Clarkson is an arrogant, pompous blowhard and I'm sure he's a miserable guy to be around in real life, but he's damn good on the show and I hope the BBC reinstates him as soon as possible because I really want to see the final three episodes of this season.

Btw, that petition is over 865,000 signatures now so hopefully the BBC will get the message and realize that it's not fair to punish the viewers by keeping him on the sidelines.

Isn't this the guy who complained that the Prius was too quiet?

I've been an avid fan of Top Gear ever since it was re-formatted in the early 2000's and without Clarkson there simply is no show. The brilliance of TG is the chemistry between Clarkson, Hammond and May. If you take any one of them off the show it just wouldn't be the same as evidenced in some of the specials they have done between seasons where it's just two of them together. There's no arguing that Clarkson is an arrogant, pompous blowhard and I'm sure he's a miserable guy to be around in real life, but he's damn good on the show and I hope the BBC reinstates him as soon as possible because I really want to see the final three episodes of this season.

Btw, that petition is over 865,000 signatures now so hopefully the BBC will get the message and realize that it's not fair to punish the viewers by keeping him on the sidelines.

I wonder if they will refund my TV license fee, it's the only show on the TV I watch live.

Haha. People are offended by everything these days. We've become a race of whining politically correct baby's offended at the drop of a hat. His character is what makes the show. Maybe the producer was an ass and needed to be put in his place.Its probably just a publicity stunt though.

Ben

well said.

but to be honest, only things i realy enjoy are thier competitions, celeb in reasonably priced car and not the brabling about new cars and how good/bad they are according to the amount of money flowing in thier direction. dont tell me they are givin honest reviews on new cars. ford ka sucks, but the fiat panda is great.... its the same car! just diferent bodywork.

A mate of mine saw him at some car show years back. He was doing a Q&A off camera in the days before we all carried HD video devices on our pockets. He was very funny, quick witted and totally controversial. Just what you would expect him to be. As I see it if whatever he did/didn't do wasn't serious enough to involve the police then why the hell do any of us know about it? Surely there should be some way of sorting it out in house? I mean the BBC have a great record of keeping things to themselves don't they. :-/

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back