Clark Kent Daily Planet pass? POSSIBLE SPOILER

FETTCLONE

Anyone get a clear screencap of the press pass Clark was wearing when saving a man from a car tonight? The episode was titled "Fade". There was a nice close-up moment where it (the pass) was large enough to read, and centered on the screen. I'd love to make up one for my wife, and my own little Smallville collection. (No sales plan here, just think it would be fun to have, and easy to make up.) It would make a good addition to the free paper prop thread, too. ;)

Let me know if anyone has something. Thanks.

not very high tech (photo taken from screen)...but a start :)

pass1.jpg

pass2.jpg

You might want to post a Spoiler warning, I have not seen the Episode and now you "Spoiled" it .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FETTCLONE @ Apr 27 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]1234525[/snapback]</div>
Anyone get a clear screencap of the press pass Clark was wearing when saving a man from a car tonight? The episode was titled "Fade". There was a nice close-up moment where it (the pass) was large enough to read, and centered on the screen. I'd love to make up one for my wife, and my own little Smallville collection. (No sales plan here, just think it would be fun to have, and easy to make up.) It would make a good addition to the free paper prop thread, too. ;)

[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(propsculptor @ Apr 28 2006, 02:21 AM) [snapback]1234554[/snapback]</div>
You might want to post a Spoiler warning, I have not seen the Episode and now you "Spoiled" it .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FETTCLONE @ Apr 27 2006, 06:42 PM) [snapback]1234525[/snapback]

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

what clark works for the daily planet??? now the whole things ruined for me.......cause you know..... i didnt ever think he would work for the planet at all :rolleyes

adding my contributions.

[attachmentid=7808]
[attachmentid=7809]
[attachmentid=7807]
[attachmentid=7810]

hope they help
chris

Very nice, Hydin. That's got to help. Now we just need someone to assemble the bits and sharpen a few edges (and maybe fix the little watermark, though it doesn't really bother me much). At times like this I begin to wonder just what programs I should learn to do this stuff myself, so I'm not just bugging you folks. :D

Great to see this coming together so quickly.

Here in California, Smallville was postponed due to a Sports Game, bummer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FETTCLONE @ Apr 27 2006, 07:26 PM) [snapback]1234558[/snapback]</div>
Sorry Propsculptor. Didn't really see what was potentially a spoiler, but modified the title.
[/b]

press.jpg

Here's what I can piece together with the stills, but I think we're just gonna have to use it as a template and build it from scratch.

Notice the very small text under the globe? Anybody have any ideas??

Here's a banner I made to use for our holiday newsletters. The font is Old English Text MT.

DailyPlanetBanner.jpg

I also have an original Daily Planet from Superman II. The globe and banner font look the same, so I may take it out of the frame and scan it in.

Steve

That's looking great, Misterfusion. I agree that it's definitely the same font, but I have no ideas about the tiny text underneath the logo. Could be a good spot for the people who worked on this to slip in some names (wink, wink- contributors in this thread.). We may have this printed and laminated before Monday at this rate.

I do like the idea of scanning in the original banner. I always wanted one of those papers, it just seems like an ideal superhero prop to me. Come to think of it, I'm gonna wear this sucker to Returns when it comes out. Maybe with a blue shirt and red jacket, too. :lol

As mentioned, bes thing to do is just use that as a template and make it form scratch. Apart from the small text, it looks pretty simple for those versed in the grapics programs.

great stuff...much better than mine LOL

Possible SPOILER BELOW.....

Clark doesn't join the planet....he goes there so often that I suppose Chloe got him one so it's easier to get in?...even though he could just dash by the guards :lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(misterfusion @ Apr 28 2006, 12:22 AM) [snapback]1234641[/snapback]</div>
Notice the very small text under the globe? Anybody have any ideas??

Steve
[/b]

It's Metropolis' Greatest Newspaper

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kal-ElofKrypton @ Apr 28 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]1234970[/snapback]</div>
It's Metropolis' Greatest Newspaper
[/b]

"it isn't that I don't trust you, Otis..." :angel

Were you able to read it by watching the episode, or are you making an educated guess? That looks right...just want to be sure.

Steve

It's Always been Metropolis' Greatest Newspaper

I wanted to make sure so I looked at some Smallville episodes featuring the Newspaper, Superman Returns, Superman: The Movie.

I'm Pretty positve. But if your just looking at it, you can tell the first word is Metropolis

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back