Chronicle Collectibles JP Cryocan

I had pre-ordered the Syd Mead blaster and paid in full. After the second delay, I asked for the money back. Heather was really nice. I have my money back, but secured my spot .... we'll see how it ends

Chronicle has responded to somebody's inquiry about this whole business.

From the Statue Forum:
Q19atdM.png

I'm satisfied with that answer. Now if only they'd get back to me about this issue I'm having applying a credit. I'd like to get that Cryocan.

My advice to you is to seek a refund immediately

Luckily i did the 10 month payment plan which IIRC was like $36 a month so it hasn't been that long and in the end it wont be such a shock as if i dropped $450 in one shot. I used to smoke that much in cigs a week and way more then that in the other stuff so i've had much more then that go up in smoke literally. I will still be pissed for loosing that much money but it aint going to change my life one way or the other. I want CC to succeed too. Paul is a nice guy and i hate that he gets in these situations. I'm curious to know about the lawsuit for the goggles. I would think the studio would own anything to do with that except maybe the Konica stuff.

Greeeaaaattttt. I was REALLY looking forward to the night vision goggles. This is pretty sad. I just sent an email asking for a refund.

Chronicle has responded to somebody's inquiry about this whole business.

From the Statue Forum:
View attachment 1039523

I'm satisfied with that answer. Now if only they'd get back to me about this issue I'm having applying a credit. I'd like to get that Cryocan.

Thanks for sharing. My comments that follow are not directed to you CT1138 .

Maybe it’s true what CC said (maybe not, idk), but my problem with any preorder is that beyond 6-months (I use Paypal almost exclusively now for internet orders) you are screwed out of your money and it becomes a nightmare headache trying to recover. And quite honestly, I’m not here to help any company’s operations or cash flow situation with my hard earned money. Like Funky and other have said, I’ll stick to the secondhand market in these cases and if I miss out oh well. At least I’m not out of my money.

Since I'd already bought the vials and have a blank can and set of nozzles, I think the rack will be a nice test of my new resin printer. Will have to do for now until we see how this all goes.

Apollo i took your advice. +1 Funky.
A little update, after rereading the FB post posted earlier i came to the conclusion i would not hold out to see what happened, with Paul (who i've dealt with before CC) leaving and it being run by a possible fraud and that Paul MAY be suing them, i couldn't do it. I called CC yesterday, talked to Heather who was as nice as could be, told her i was tired of waiting and she was totally sympathetic. I mentioned i was OK with the 10% cancelling fee and she told me they would waive it due to the delay. I waited until today to post because i wanted to make sure the money was in the bank (credit card) so to speak. If they do come out with the goggles i may still pick it up but for now i bailed and 1st qtr 2020 is up to 8 months away. This is the time to cancel if your going to cancel. With them putting all this new stuff up for preorder NOW is the best time to assume they have the funds to refund. I've been eyeing a VP9 longslide anyways so it was an easy excuse for me.....lol . The goggles are cool , but not cool enough to bet $450 on. Dont let this hobby blind you. I've been there, all those props you "will never sell" you will probably sell, and the more you sell the easier it gets.

From Chronicle:

Dear Chronicle customers,

We are sorry for any concern that has been created in our collector community by recent emails and social media posts made by an individual who is not and has never been a customer of Chronicle.-

We can assure you that the accusations made in these posts are absolutely baseless and without merit. Chronicle Collectibles is not engaged in any lawsuit, including any class action lawsuit such as what has been filed recently involving some other companies in the collectibles space. We apologize for the unfortunate behavior of this individual and any concern it may have caused our customers.

Chronicle Collectibles has one of the best track records in the industry for timeline to delivery, and we will not fail to deliver in the future. Every collectible we make available for pre-order is in some stage of production with one of our manufacturing partners. We look forward to sharing the progress of these pieces with all of you as we bring them to completion and ship to collectors around the world. If you have specific questions or concerns about a particular product, please let our customer service team know and we will be happy to send you an update with the most recent news regarding your purchase.-

Chronicle Collectibles is, and has always been, a focused team of dedicated artists-and we are all committed to producing the best products in the industry.-

Thank you all for placing your continued trust in Chronicle. Please reach out to us with any questions on any items you may have on order with us and we will be happy to answer them.

The Chronicle Team

They certainly talk a good game. Hell, they could be completely correct, but at the end of the day I have to ask myself if this is a gamble I want to take with my money.

From Chronicle: We are sorry for any concern that has been created in our collector community by recent emails and social media posts made by an individual who is not and has never been a customer of Chronicle

I'm having a bit of trouble following this, as I've had no dealings with Chronicle, but when they say "who is not and has never been a customer"
Do they mean PAUL ???? He doesn't need to be a customer to make comments about CC as he was an employee. Or did I totally miss who they meant ?

I'm having a bit of trouble following this, as I've had no dealings with Chronicle, but when they say "who is not and has never been a customer"
Do they mean PAUL ???? He doesn't need to be a customer to make comments about CC as he was an employee. Or did I totally miss who they meant ?

I think they meant the person who wrote the article/e-mail. But honestly, does it make a difference?

I understand why people are wary now, but it’s also kind of incredible how quickly the torches come out based on rumors. I’ve received licensed replicas with a longer delay than the goggles or the blade runner concept blaster. At this point, unfortunately, it is hard to tell what will come of all this.

Good for you!

I can tell you that if I had any Money tied up with them I would have done the same.

What is being said here is only the tip of the iceberg.

Regardless nowadays if there is even a HINT of impropriety by an owner they get NO business from me

Apollo i took your advice. +1 Funky.
A little update, after rereading the FB post posted earlier i came to the conclusion i would not hold out to see what happened, with Paul (who i've dealt with before CC) leaving and it being run by a possible fraud and that Paul MAY be suing them, i couldn't do it. I called CC yesterday, talked to Heather who was as nice as could be, told her i was tired of waiting and she was totally sympathetic. I mentioned i was OK with the 10% cancelling fee and she told me they would waive it due to the delay. I waited until today to post because i wanted to make sure the money was in the bank (credit card) so to speak. If they do come out with the goggles i may still pick it up but for now i bailed and 1st qtr 2020 is up to 8 months away. This is the time to cancel if your going to cancel. With them putting all this new stuff up for preorder NOW is the best time to assume they have the funds to refund. I've been eyeing a VP9 longslide anyways so it was an easy excuse for me.....lol . The goggles are cool , but not cool enough to bet $450 on. Dont let this hobby blind you. I've been there, all those props you "will never sell" you will probably sell, and the more you sell the easier it gets.

The whole "not a customer" rings bells to me too. Past owner , past employees, studios, people claiming rights, are all not customers so it could just be carefull wording, or this whole thing could be BS . The fraud thing is documented in the Dallas news like Apollo stated so that rings bells to me either way. I hope this is all overblown. If it is then the refunds wont hurt them and when the goggles come out ill get them. Its not really pitchforks it more of a protecting my interests. I hope its BS and they succeed , funny other companies ie Factory Entertainment, Sideshow, Hollywood collectibles dont have these huge delay issues. There are some but not, delay, delay, delay like Anovos, EFX and others. Some companies do OK and others just dont and i can only attribute it to manegment. Either picking crappy factories or ....i dont know what.

Simply put, these are not rumors simple facts.

The owner of Chronicles and others were charged With billing for services that were NEVER rendered.

They pleaded out and will pay a VERY hefty fine if accepted

I understand why people are wary now, but it’s also kind of incredible how quickly the torches come out based on rumors. I’ve received licensed replicas with a longer delay than the goggles or the blade runner concept blaster. At this point, unfortunately, it is hard to tell what will come of all this.

I have three replicas from FE and they all experienced at least one delay. From three months to almost a year. Master replicas we’re always delayed. It just stinks because companies like efx and Anovos have set an ugly precedent for non-delivery.

At least chronicle has gotten ahead of the game and addressed these concerns. Something that took Anovos 4 years to work out and they ended up blaming customers for the delays and lack of product funding.

Where is the proof Apollo?

So you are telling me Chronicle is “Ahead” of the game with the NG’s already 2 years delayed and now pushing it out to next year will make 3 years right?

Yeah ok! :D

At least chronicle has gotten ahead of the game and addressed these concerns. Something that took Anovos 4 years to work out and they ended up blaming customers for the delays and lack of product funding.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back