Chronicle Collectibles JP Cryocan

Ohhhhhhh its so far away! Definitely preordering, but my issue is I don't even know where I'll be living then. Knew the price would jump up, seemed too good to be true with their other prices, but that's not a crime.

67396681_2316093341983831_3194755532720177152_o.jpg

What's up with that silver strip at the bottom of the can? Was that there in the movie?

Last edited:
Price is fine for what it is. All aluminum, real Barbasol can. I'd really like to know where the goggles are. Didnt it start at 1st qtr delivery this year? Now its pushed... again... to 1st qtr next year. Should we assume this will only come out 3rd qtr 2021?...and im not joking.

Maybe, maybe not. Paul HAS been noticeably quiet for a while now. All of CC has been, in fact. They're releasing preorders, but that's about it. I wanted to use a credit I have with Chronicle to get the Cryocan, but now I'm feeling cautious. Dealing with Heather has always been a pleasure, and nothing has ever made me feel like Chronicle has been doing anything untoward behind the scenes. As far as I know, they're still selling JP items. All I know is I REALLY hope we don't have another Anovos going on here.

Wait, what's going on? What news? Where would I find news? I've been googling and jumping around.
There's an email going around saying Chronicle is commiting fraud, but who knows how true it is.
coGAqrc.jpg

Wow. This hobby is not for the faint of heart. I too have vowed to avoid pre-ordering anything. Much less stress (and potential losses).....

Licensed doesn’t mean squat if they never deliver. Guess time will tell but there’s a bunch of folks on CC’s FB page jumping on this pre-order.

Well....that sucks. I guess i am going to pass on the pre order until i see what happens with the goggles. I definitely want to limit my damage if this company is about to fold. Goggle was going to be my last prop purchase, How ironic if i get screwed on it. Its too bad the studios dont just do their own props and cut out the middle man. ie. scammers like Anovos and EFX.. Thanks Funky for the heads up!!!

Wow. This hobby is not for the faint of heart. I too have vowed to avoid pre-ordering anything. Much less stress (and potential losses).....

Licensed doesn’t mean squat if they never deliver. Guess time will tell but there’s a bunch of folks on CC’s FB page jumping on this pre-order.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts the people "jumping on this pre-order" haven't heard the latest news.
Look, I WANT this company to succeed. Hell, I want ALL prop companies to succeed. I want a pair of goggles and a Cryocan as much as the next guy. But I work too damn hard for my money to gamble with it. It just seems like these companies bite off more than they can chew and before they know it they're in trouble. I'm not so desperate for ANY bauble that I want to pre-order anything and risk losing my money.
If these items are actually produced and delivered, I'll buy it on the secondary market when someone has it in hand. I'll most likely pay a small mark-up and I'm fine with that, but at least I'll know I'm getting my items.

How long ago did they take money for the goggles, 2 years ago and now the release date is another year?

Yeah another Anovos and eFx in the making
Luckily i did the 10 month payment plan which IIRC was like $36 a month so it hasn't been that long and in the end it wont be such a shock as if i dropped $450 in one shot. I used to smoke that much in cigs a week and way more then that in the other stuff so i've had much more then that go up in smoke literally. I will still be pissed for loosing that much money but it aint going to change my life one way or the other. I want CC to succeed too. Paul is a nice guy and i hate that he gets in these situations. I'm curious to know about the lawsuit for the goggles. I would think the studio would own anything to do with that except maybe the Konica stuff.

I have to say too many companies have gotten lax on hitting their deadlines. Pre-order may become a thing of the past. It is for me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back