Chronicle Collectibles Gone?

Profiles In History auction catalog page 223. Large Stargate Pyramid miniature. Description says "located in Texas". Wasn't that one seen in the background of their live FB videos. I saw that miniature on the PIH page already at least as far back as Sept 5th when i mentioned it to a friend.

I still have 3 i would probably preorder from, Sideshow, Factory Entertainment and Hollywood Collectibles Group, although the last 2 don't usually sellout right away so there probably isnt a need to. Sideshow is pretty big and can refund preorder money even if the manufacturer goes belly up. I wouldnt touch any others with a 10 foot pole.

just posting here so i am in the thread. i had the JP night goggles on order that was fully paid for. may try my CC as well, but i know it was paid for a long time ago. ughhhh!!!

Somehow I had no idea they had gone bust... I wonder if they are gone or if they are reorganizing debt to continue to stay in business...

I unfortunately had 2 preorders fully paid for... The Syd Mead Blaster ($249.00) and The Cryocan ($236.92).... So I'm out $485.92... Not as bad as some, but it does seriously sting !!

I only found this thread yesterday but I got on to Partial.ly last night and asked if Chronicle had definitely closed. They did not answer my question directly but today they sent a response stating that Chronicle was unable to fulfil my order and refunded all of my pre-order payments right away so I am guessing that is a firm yes!!

I also have the Syd Mead Blaster on order but I placed this through Sideshow so I am kind of hoping that Sideshow will pick this up and run with it. I have asked them the same thing though so will update when I get a response.

There are still a lot of people selling Chronicle pre-orders on eBay so somehow this has to get out to the public domain properly soon or the fallout is going to be even worse!

Last edited:
could you provide a bit more info on your refund process and status? i know several of us with pre-order payments directly through CC have been unable to get these back. i have the JP NV goggles fully paid for.

I had paid for a 1:2 scale Picard bust using the Partial.ly instalment plan. I just contacted Partial.ly through their support email, support@partial.ly and asked what was happening and how I could get my payments back. Yesterday they said they would look into it and today I received several refunds each for each of my instalments up to the total I had paid. For speed I cannot fault them but I believe this only works if you original paid through Partial.ly.

I wonder if Sideshow is ever going to produce the Jurassic Park Night Vision Goggles that they took over from Chronicle. They were suppose to ship last month...

Long gone!!! And I am still fighting with BOA for my credit. Chronicle actually responded giving them another 45 days to respond even though BOA said it was a BS response. However it reset the clock even though it was BS delaying tactic. I should have a decision by 14JAN21. A full 4th months after starting the process the end of September. Then it goes to Visa. Total PITA process even way within the claim time period. They went bankrupt its and open and shut case.

At least when MRG went bust they didn't respond they simply took all the money and ran.

Last edited:
I had a strange update from Sideshow today stating that my Syd Mead blaster shipping would be delayed from Jan to March. This was after I questioned what was happening about CC. I wonder if they will just pick it up themselves. Would make sense to try to pick up the JP Goggles to as there is clearly a market for them although I know that won't help anyone who has already paid CC in full for them.

I had a strange update from Sideshow today stating that my Syd Mead blaster shipping would be delayed from Jan to March. This was after I questioned what was happening about CC. I wonder if they will just pick it up themselves. Would make sense to try to pick up the JP Goggles to as there is clearly a market for them although I know that won't help anyone who has already paid CC in full for them.
I received the same email, and was wondering the same thing. Hopefully they will and I was really looking forward to this for some time since they announced it.

Yikes, I was wondering if there was any news on this. I was browsing around on random website the other day and saw it was still accepting preorders for the Jareth on the throne statue, I wonder if the news just hasn't trickled down yet or what.

After mention of their website going kaput I was curious so I looked it up, their social media accounts are still up though they've gone private, save for their Facebook page, which has had no updates since last September.

I wonder how far along some of those props were... Some of their last emails made it seem like some were almost ready for shipping, but who knows how accurate that was.

I got burned by CC and don't expect my money back, nor have l for a while. At this point i'm just hoping someone picks up the JP license. I want those goggles badly.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back