Chrome Imperial Auto Emblem

Uber Fett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
We all have them, Toyota's, Honda's, Chevy's...they all have that plastic chrome plated symbol slapped on our cars. Well, I got to thinking, has anyone thought of or made the Imperial Logo in one of those plastic chrome-plated thingies...don't know what they are called.

If not, anyone with some knowledge on how do to that want to take up the challenge?
Shawn

meaning where the logo is on the grill?? really depends on the car.. but if it was put on say an 06 jetta (except mine is black, unlike the photo) grill, i could see that being pretty awesome.

046.jpg

So no love for the rebellion??

On the other hand i think you may have more luck with a ***** fish type thing.. that way it could go on anyones car. Another option would be sculpt your own and get it vacuum metalized or something

I asked the same thing when I got a new white Toyota Tundra a couple of years ago. With all the chrome on the front and the Toyota emblem in chrome I was sure it would look much better with an Imperial or Rebel emblem instead. The other idea I had was an Autobot or Decepticon emblem in chrome. :love

Originally posted by StefTrooper@Jan 13 2006, 11:57 AM
That would be really cool, however, I don't think it would go over well with my wife.  She has her limitations..  :lol
[snapback]1157970[/snapback]​

My wife wouldn't notice, she pays no attention to the car whatsoever. :D

Originally posted by Trallis+Jan 13 2006, 04:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trallis @ Jan 13 2006, 04:17 AM)</div>
So no love for the rebellion??
[/b]
Who'd be interested in traitors to the duly elected Empire? That would be treasonous and deserving of death.

monkey.gif

<!--QuoteBegin-BingoBongo275
@Jan 13 2006, 11:04 AM
How about an all-metal imperial cog one to replace this?

[image]http://creativestock.com/demo/idp636.jpg[/image]

Cheers

Jez
[snapback]1157975[/snapback]​

The owner of that Benz might get pissed though... :p

That would be really cool, however, I don't think it would go over well with my wife.  She has her limitations..
Well, in 119 days...if she gets her way, that will be one thing I won't have to worry about.

But, yes. See, I have and Impala. There is the Impala logo in chrome on each side of the car and also on the trunk. I thought if there was someone who made such a thing, I'm in the market. As for making one, I wouldn't have the first clue about how to do that. I do trust that there are those here that do. And if they wanted to make that "other" symbol...well that's capitalism for ya.

See the logo would go well with my plates.

Shawn

Biggest problem would be they are all different sizes and shapes for each make of vehicle.

If you had a little one to stick on the trunk, that would be different. :)

If you had a little one to stick on the trunk, that would be different.

That's kind of the idea, though. Make it a size that would be universal. Not unlike the decals you can buy. I just measured the Impala logo on my car, and it's 3". Minus the 3/4" of leg hanging off. But that would probably be a good size, 3". I found that the 4" ones were too big for a car. But if someone wanted to do a 3" for a car, and 4" for trucks...

Shawn

Man,
What a cool idea, I hope somebody can pull this off...

Hell, I'd buy a few for current and future cars, house, wife, daughter, dogs etc :lol

Cheers,

Kraig

I'd be up for a few (depending on price).

mycars.jpg

I like chrome. :love

Right now, THIS is how I'm showing my allegiance to the Empire: :lol

expflag.jpg

It's not as unsafe as it looks. The mast secures to the boot of the antenna mount. ;)

Actually, I just do this at 501st events. I get there, unload, and put my 501st banner up. That way when other 501st members arrive, hopefully they'll see the flag and know that they're at the right place. :thumbsup

I hope someone can do this.

I would so get on board this project- I'd love to replace Shuttle Tydirium's Honda bling.

[image]http://www.speakeasy.org/~crashman/2005-10-29_annandale_parade/IMG_0296.jpg[/image]

Yakcam/Kraig:

[image]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/kwmackay/TIE-Falcon.jpg[/image]

If I had one of these babies, I wouldn't muck it up with Imperial markings- it's be MFP all the way.
"I gotta hand it to ya, Treasure: The last of the V8 Interceptors. Would have been a shame to blow it up."

Nice ride.

I would love to have a cog for my Blazer (etc,,etc.).. I used to have the 'Hellblazer' comic logo on the back..people used to think it was a real model of Chevy :)

Jayn

If there is enough interest and I do these they would be $7.00 each and I'd need approx. 150 "interested persons" before proceeding.

These would be around 3" in diameter, chrome and black.

-Ss

I tried to get these made a while back, but at the last minute (without explanation) my source backed out of the deal. My design was the same but no black background, just the cog itself. Count me as an "interested." :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back