Chrome Imperial Auto Emblem

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Uber Fett, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Uber Fett

Uber Fett Sr Member

We all have them, Toyota's, Honda's, Chevy's...they all have that plastic chrome plated symbol slapped on our cars. Well, I got to thinking, has anyone thought of or made the Imperial Logo in one of those plastic chrome-plated thingies...don't know what they are called.

If not, anyone with some knowledge on how do to that want to take up the challenge?
    Shawn

2. Trallis

Trallis Well-Known Member

meaning where the logo is on the grill?? really depends on the car.. but if it was put on say an 06 jetta (except mine is black, unlike the photo) grill, i could see that being pretty awesome.

[​IMG]

So no love for the rebellion??

On the other hand i think you may have more luck with a jesus fish type thing.. that way it could go on anyones car. Another option would be sculpt your own and get it vacuum metalized or something

3. Studio Stasis

Studio Stasis Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I asked the same thing when I got a new white Toyota Tundra a couple of years ago. With all the chrome on the front and the Toyota emblem in chrome I was sure it would look much better with an Imperial or Rebel emblem instead. The other idea I had was an Autobot or Decepticon emblem in chrome. :love

4. slave1pilot

slave1pilot Sr Member

I had wanted on one on my 67 Bug.
    It would fit perfectly on top of the hood.
    alas, all my bugs are gone. :(

5. StefTrooper

StefTrooper New Member

That would be really cool, however, I don't think it would go over well with my wife. She has her limitations.. :lol

6. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

My wife wouldn't notice, she pays no attention to the car whatsoever. :D

7. Star Wars Helmets

Star Wars Helmets Sr Member

How about an all-metal imperial cog one to replace this?

[image]http://creativestock.com/demo/idp636.jpg[/image]

Cheers

Jez

8. Zaphod

Zaphod Well-Known Member

The owner of that Benz might get * though... :p

9. Uber Fett

Uber Fett Sr Member

Well, in 119 days...if she gets her way, that will be one thing I won't have to worry about.

But, yes. See, I have and Impala. There is the Impala logo in chrome on each side of the car and also on the trunk. I thought if there was someone who made such a thing, I'm in the market. As for making one, I wouldn't have the first clue about how to do that. I do trust that there are those here that do. And if they wanted to make that "other" symbol...well that's capitalism for ya.

See the logo would go well with my plates.

Shawn

10. vaderdarth

vaderdarth Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Biggest problem would be they are all different sizes and shapes for each make of vehicle.

If you had a little one to stick on the trunk, that would be different. :)

11. Uber Fett

Uber Fett Sr Member

That's kind of the idea, though. Make it a size that would be universal. Not unlike the decals you can buy. I just measured the Impala logo on my car, and it's 3". Minus the 3/4" of leg hanging off. But that would probably be a good size, 3". I found that the 4" ones were too big for a car. But if someone wanted to do a 3" for a car, and 4" for trucks...

Shawn

12. yakcam

yakcam Sr Member

Man,
    What a cool idea, I hope somebody can pull this off...

Hell, I'd buy a few for current and future cars, house, wife, daughter, dogs etc :lol

Cheers,

Kraig

13. Uber Fett

Uber Fett Sr Member

Ya...some bling for da pooch.

Shawn

14. Fetthunter

Fetthunter Sr Member

I'd be up for a few (depending on price).

[​IMG]
    I like chrome. :love

Right now, THIS is how I'm showing my allegiance to the Empire: :lol

[​IMG]

It's not as unsafe as it looks. The mast secures to the boot of the antenna mount. ;)

Actually, I just do this at 501st events. I get there, unload, and put my 501st banner up. That way when other 501st members arrive, hopefully they'll see the flag and know that they're at the right place. :thumbsup

I hope someone can do this.

15. ssdesigner

ssdesigner Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I "may" be able to take this project on....I'll know for sure tommorow and post here with details :)

-Ss

16. Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater Well-Known Member

I would so get on board this project- I'd love to replace Shuttle Tydirium's Honda bling.

[image]http://www.speakeasy.org/~crashman/2005-10-29_annandale_parade/IMG_0296.jpg[/image]

Yakcam/Kraig:

[image]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/kwmackay/TIE-Falcon.jpg[/image]

If I had one of these babies, I wouldn't muck it up with Imperial markings- it's be MFP all the way.
    "I gotta hand it to ya, Treasure: The last of the V8 Interceptors. Would have been a shame to blow it up."

Nice ride.

17. Jayn

Jayn Sr Member

I would love to have a cog for my Blazer (etc,,etc.).. I used to have the 'Hellblazer' comic logo on the back..people used to think it was a real model of Chevy :)

Jayn

18. ssdesigner

If there is enough interest and I do these they would be $7.00 each and I'd need approx. 150 "interested persons" before proceeding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These would be around 3" in diameter, chrome and black.

-Ss

19. tuskentrooper

tuskentrooper Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I tried to get these made a while back, but at the last minute (without explanation) my source backed out of the deal. My design was the same but no black background, just the cog itself. Count me as an "interested." :)

20. KevVader

KevVader Sr Member

Yakcam....is that a Torino?

21. yakcam

yakcam Sr Member

Hi guys,

The car is a 1972 Ford XA coupe, with an XB front (A lady run a red about 10 years ago and it was the cheapest option for me at the time)

I have 3 of these babies (1xXA 2xXB, the model used for the Mad Max movies) all with factory sunroof's which, in itself, is pretty rare.

There are no decals on the car, I just did a photoshop job for my sig. I am tempted though, to get some removable magnetic decals done. I belong to the 501st so If we did a parade I could drive it and even have Vader standing out the sunroof, I'd remove the passenger side seat first of course.

Sorry for the de-rail Uber Fett. I would love to see something come of this.

Cheers,

Kraig

22. altername

altername Well-Known Member

7 bucks? I'll put in for two.

23. pmrjulio

pmrjulio New Member

Sign me in.

It will also be cool to have a magnet like the "Support the troops" yellow ones, with that logo or a helmet (Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Vader or Clone trooper).

24. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Sr Member

Interested. Put me down for 5. :)

25. ssdesigner

26. wtfjedi

wtfjedi New Member

well I cant seem to reply to the other thread but put me down for 5 emblems.

27. Uber Fett

Uber Fett Sr Member

See ya on the flip side...

Shawn

28. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Was that a 'Boon Dock Saints' refrence? :confused

I luv you. :p

COOL idea.

29. MaxPlague

MaxPlague Well-Known Member

I actually had this project going about a year and a half ago. Then my supplier went down the tubes and I lost interest and let it die. Would be cool to see it come to life. :)

30. maniacman7

maniacman7 Well-Known Member

well with his present track record I feel very confident "SSDesigner" will accomplish this tiny Task :D

Lance
    TK2640

31. ssdesigner

Awww....:$ :$ Thanks Lance..

:D

-Ss