Chewbaccas Wookie Bowcaster - real Horton Crossbow

Hey Michael

I used a combination of electric and handsaw to do the major cutouts.
Then I started to take down even more material with wood-rasps, later switched to metal files in various coarses.

Finishing can be done with mouse-sander and by hand, depending on your condition and patience ;)

Markus

Thanks Markus,

beeing no "wood-guy" i would have never thought for the wood-rasps.

"Patience" - wo is that guy? I know noone with that name. :lol

Btw. - do you maybe have proper templates for the metal sidepieces?

have the templates somewhere, but the have to be slightly modifified to work with the safari

Markus

Can I ask what are deemed to be accurate scopes for this, in one post I've read Original - 7 and here it mentions the nikko. Is it affirmed one or the t'other?

Bowcaster Page (under construction)

The center scope is the Single Point Scope with the clear (as opposed to frosted) cone tip (as opposed to round tip) and the cheap plastic covers on the adjustment knobs (as opposed to the knurled adjustment covers).

The side scopes are the mysterious "Model 7" 4x20 scopes that are also on the Evezan blaster. They turn up occasionally but no one actually knows who the manufacturer is; even the original packaging doesn't identify who made it.

The scope has the following markings on it:
Model 7
ORIGINAL
4x20
Fixed Reticle
Coated
[small "S" within circle logo]

That's not correct; the brand is Known and the packaging does identify who made it. Original made and sold it and is a rebranding of the German 'Diana' brand. Original and Diana were pretty systematic with they naming of their products e.g. The Model 6 is an air pistol, model 7 we know, model 8 is an air pistol also, Model 9 is another 4x20 scope with much better mounts etc etc.

I posted the information in this thread last year.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/original-model-7-4x20-scope-telescopic-sight-found-part-191095/

All the best.

Andy

By the way your bowcaster page is excellent.

Bowcaster Page (under construction)

The center scope is the Single Point Scope with the clear (as opposed to frosted) cone tip (as opposed to round tip) and the cheap plastic covers on the adjustment knobs (as opposed to the knurled adjustment covers).

The side scopes are the mysterious "Model 7" 4x20 scopes that are also on the Evezan blaster. They turn up occasionally but no one actually knows who the manufacturer is; even the original packaging doesn't identify who made it.

The scope has the following markings on it:
Model 7
ORIGINAL
4x20
Fixed Reticle
Coated
[small "S" within circle logo]

Last edited:
Just commented in your other thread. I have no clue how I missed this. This has been a huge mystery.

Where have you been hiding?????

Thanks so much.

- - - Updated - - -

You're welcome. I don't get out much.

If you don't mind I am going to take a few pics of my Nikko Sterlings and compare them with your great model 7 pics so people can see how close they are????

Just commented in your other thread. I have no clue how I missed this. This has been a huge mystery.

Where have you been hiding?????

Thanks so much.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't mind I am going to take a few pics of my Nikko Sterlings and compare them with your great model 7 pics so people can see how close they are????

Ha ha, you're welcome. As mentioned the knowledge was only really acquired as a by product of the Boba scope research; I knew the Model 7 was used on a prop and when I started to come across them I just picked them up. My first was the 'Squat' with the S in circle symbol. Completely incorrect obviously but any Model 7 is rare. I picked up any I saw and in my travels and didn't come across that many.

As for a comparison with my pics then please feel free and consider them public domain. I've owned six or seven Nikko Stirling Mounties so it's worthe considering that there are Nikko Stirling Mounties and there are Nikko Stirling mounties, just as the are Model 7s and there are model 7s. The best match I have seen bears these markings:

IMG_0237.jpg

There are numerous others out there, the ones I have seen with White and orange lettering are probably best avoided as the proportions are wrong in the tube and they feature either a locking ring that has a tapered section that is too long making the whole thing about 1/2" long/deep; on some the saddle holding the windage and elevation screws is mounted back to front (objective bell definition is also quite soft on the White and Orange).

Another point on the Model 7, which you wouldn't know without holding them, is that the turrets that house those screws are much wider than usual meaning that if you're missing the dust caps they'll be next to impossible to replace as the dust caps from most other scopes will be too small to fit over the turrets. Many of these old scopes have part that arepretty interchangeable but not that Model 7. It's a real pain.

All the best

Andy

Oh and I wasn't hiding. Markus found it straight away!:)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back