"Cheesiest" movie; what's yours?

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
We've all seen them: over the top acting, predicatable outcomes, bad one-liners, terrible costumes, .
I just found the beauty "The Running Man" in my collection (I swear I have no idea how it got there!) so i popped it in for old time sake.
Let's just say you have to wonder if Arnold ever looks back on this and thinks, "Oh, man! What have I done?!" :lol

Okay, so let's hear them!

Combine the grace of gymnastics with the power of karate and the perfect convergence of brilliantly awful filmmaking you get the cinematic masterpiece known as Gymkata.

We've all seen them: over the top acting, predicatable outcomes, bad one-liners, terrible costumes, .
I just found the beauty "The Running Man" in my collection (I swear I have no idea how it got there!) so i popped it in for old time sake.
Let's just say you have to wonder if Arnold ever looks back on this and thinks, "Oh, man! What have I done?!" :lol

Okay, so let's hear them!

I really wish they had stuck more to the actual book. It's probably one of my all time favorites by Stephen King.

My vote for cheesiest would have to go to Hudson Hawk (doesnt stop me from loving it though)

Big Trouble In Little China

I love all the cheesy goodness.

"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

"Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."

I dont think I can resist watching it again right now.

Last edited:
Hobo with a shotgun is cheesy as hell but then again....it's supposed to be.

Day of the Dead remake was hardcore cheesy too.

"Megaforce"

megaforce16.jpg

"The good guys always win... Even in the 80s!"

(Actual line in the movie)

MEGAFORCE (1982) ... introducing Hunter! - YouTube

Total 80s cheese. Thoroughly cringe worthy... and I love it! :lol

Kevin

Commando. Perhaps the epitome of cheesy 80's action movies. Way too much over the top machismo and lots of really bad lines.
They didn't even bother to try to hide the cardboard stand-ins during the building explosions or the stuntmen's launchers when the grenades send them flying.

At least there is a self-aware cheesy macho line during one of the fight scenes....but I'm not sure it was intentional.

Well beside every piece of crap on Sci-Fi. It would have to be the original "Deathrace" with David Caridine. But I love it! Can't believe I just discovered this a couple years ago! It's Roger Corman's best film! In my opinion

Wait, was this supposed to be cheesy movies we hate? Cause each one has a special place in my heart!:)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back