"Cheesiest" movie; what's yours?

Someone mentioned MST3K. I haven't seen a whole lot of that, but what I did see involved a movie titled "Samson vs. the Vampire Women."

The Vampire Women want to take over the world, and they have a cadre of shirtless vampire goons to help them do it. Their target: the daughter of a professor of something-or-other who has the blood they need to revive their queen. The only thing standing in their way: Samson, a short luchadore who permanently wears a silver mask. Add in the fact that it's shot in black and white, there's a wrestling match involved, and the whole movie is an English dub from the Spanish original, and it was cheese personified. Kept me laughing for hours.

Well, many wonderful slices of fromage, but for my money(and I actually paid to see it), I'm gonna go with "Krull." From the horrible FX to the barely playable video game, I won't even watch it when I'm drunk!
" We'll never make it in a day, it's 20 leagues from here!"
"Firemares-they can go 20 leagues in a day!"
And look, there they are, just waiting for us...

Well, many wonderful slices of fromage, but for my money(and I actually paid to see it), I'm gonna go with "Krull." From the horrible FX to the barely playable video game, I won't even watch it when I'm drunk!
" We'll never make it in a day, it's 20 leagues from here!"
"Firemares-they can go 20 leagues in a day!"
And look, there they are, just waiting for us...

That reminds me of that SNL skit of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea with Kelsey Grammer. He keeps trying to teach them the proper usage of the word "leagues".

Revenge of the Ninja. Loved it as a kid and just got the DVD. I'm watching it, thinking the whole time, " Was it always this bad ! " LOL. It was, but still love it.

Last edited:
Sorry.
To me there is some cheese in there (good Cheese like mozzarella) but it's in there.
I still love the movie though.

Beowulf
Star Trek, the one that has the Whales... Are you kidding...
Blackula
Drunken Master
Spaceballs
Hawk the Slayer
Deep Blue Sea
Karate Kid (1 - 6)
Jason XX
Saturday Night Fever 1 & 2
to Wongfu something.. Satring 3 Transgender wannabes
Anything with Tim Allen...
Beaches

Any Giant Snake, Shark, Alligator or CGI Driven Movie (Exclude Jaws)

I fell sick now... Thanks.

Snoose

Agreed on Hackers, Buckaroo Banzai, and D&D being some thoroughly enjoyable cheese.

The guilty pleasure that nobody in my household shares? ...'Cherry 2000'.

Commando. Seriously the action in the climax is just so implausible it screams cheesy.

"Let off some steam Bennett"

Yeah COMMANDO has more cheese than a pizza and that is what makes it such a collectable. I even bought the Blu-Ray. Speaking of COMMANDO, is there a thread on his outfit? I want the vest.

The Day after, Red Dawn, Critters for sure, Airplane II, Robocop 3, Robocop: prime directives (when it was the miniseries on scifi and not the individual dvds).

The Day after, Red Dawn, Critters for sure, Airplane II, Robocop 3, Robocop: prime directives (when it was the miniseries on scifi and not the individual dvds).

"The Day After" being cheese ?

"Red Dawn" may be slightly close to cheesey.. but takes itself pretty seriously and isn't that over the top. It's not so completely unplausable that it delves into cheese.

But "The Day After?" Dude, that movie was horrific.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back