Cheap Crossbones (Comic) W.I.P

skull splitt3r

Hey guys, it feels so good to be back on the forums again, the last time i posted was in november and it was about my Jason Voorhees Costume from Jason Lives, which by the way i have made significant changes to ever since november. But thats for another thread, now to get back to this thread. I have been a fan of a character named Crossbones, i didnt know his name back in 2005 but i thought that he looked really cool. I first found out about him in an old Avengers coloring book from 2002 or so i dont remember the exact year. I then forgot about him for a few years until i got into wrestling games and making wrestlers in those games, which most of the time i made superheroes/villains. But when i got WWE 2K14 it all changed. I found this guy on Marvel.com and i instantly remembered who he was and where i remember him from. So i proceeded to make him on the game and when i was done he was my main character ever since, he looked exactly like Crossbones and that made me all fuzzy inside knowing that i have made another character look his best. Leading up to the end of December last year i got WWE 2K15 and i made crossbones again making him bigger and better than he has been before. He even made his way onto a youtube video but the video doesnt do him justice as you will se by his moveset issue which i idiotically forgot to change before uploading him.Update: There was another video that shows him off and does him justice.Heres the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXIjEws8R3A&gl=USOk now to talk about the costume. I am going for his comic book look like shown in the video and from my creation. I want to make the costume exactly like how it looks in-game. I have already purchased a mask from Ebay, i have fingerless gloves already that i got from my cousin due to them being too big for him, a customized airsoft gun, and a custom crossbones sleeveless shirt. I will post pics as soon as i can and i will try and keep this thread updated as much as possible. I hope you guys will like what im doing.Thanks for looking, update coming soon.~skull splitt3r~

Alright guys I have some great news! My mask is going to arrive sometime today or tommorrow! I'm extremely excited about this as i've been wanting to make this costume for a while now, and i also found a S.W.A.T. costume or novelty vest at Goodwill for $4. Once i recieve my mask i will be sure to do a suit up and show off the mask. I hope you guys would like to see that. Let me know (either way i'm still gonna suit up and show it off :) . So no worries about that, and i will be back when someone replies or my mask arrives :) .See you guys then.~skull splitt3r~

you ordered something from china and it was delivered in 4 days? comic CB is great cuz its easily recognizable and fairly quick to throw together. hope youve been hitting the weightbench lol, too bad they dont sell ANCHOR ARMS
14255829044345.jpg

Yeah I have been working out my arms for a while but still not exactly crossbones' arm size. But I think my 16.5 inch biceps will have to do for now:) . And thank you for the interest in my thread. Also to add it would've been nice to have my mask by now but it should be here tomorrow, and I also have a deadpool mask coming of the same sort as well, so I'm looking forward to that:)
~skull splitt3r~

Sorry for not updating in a short while, so ANYWAY heres the news we're all waiting for..... I received my mask's!! I received them a day before they were due to arrive which was on the 11th, which means I got them in the mail on Thursday. I was so excited to get these so I wasted no time at all and cracked the packages open like it was Christmas. Then my eyes fell upon the Deadpool mask first, and OH MY GOD!, was it beautiful. Then based on what I had seen from the Deadpool mask I was practically shaking when i slashed open the other package which contained the character's mask that is in the title of this thread and it was AMAZING!! I will update the thread today with pics of both the masks and all of the parts of the costume along with a long awaited SUIT UP. Hope you guys are ready:)~skull splitt3r~

Last edited:
I'm Sorry guys unless someone can help me fix the links this will have to do for now.Once again sorry for the inconvenience. ~skull splitt3r~

Here'sHere's part 2
IMG_20150922_220211.jpgIMG_20150922_220425.jpgIMG_20150922_220404.jpg
IMG_20150922_224555.jpgIMG_20150922_224048.jpgIMG_20150922_224016.jpgIMG_20150922_224003.jpgIMG_20150922_223926.jpgIMG_20150922_223908.jpgIMG_20150922_224601.jpgIMG_20150922_220531.jpgIMG_20150922_220520.jpgIMG_20150922_220550.jpgIMG_20150922_221002.jpgIMG_20150922_221143.jpgIMG_20150922_223855.jpg
Well there you guys go:) Tell me your thoughts, I would love to know. And thank you DizzyStrmTrooper for helping me and sticking around.
See you all soon and remember I want to hear your feedback.
~skull splitt3r~

we need more crossboneses in the world! but i fear everyone will think its Bane. is the legends version the one your shooting for? the mask looks great
Crossbones01.jpg

Yeah we do need more Crossbones.
And now that I think about it, it does look like the legends:) Thanks for pointing that out, that's a not too shabby looking Crossbones figure, if I do say so myself;) And thanknou on the complement on the mask, when I first opened it I was amazed by how good it was, and it was only $10.45!!! I think it was a bargain, I only paid a few more cents for the Deadpool one which looks great itself and I wear it under the Crossbones mask for the mesh due to him having white eyes.
~skull splitt3r~

theres a guy locally that does moon knight, he used mirrored curved sunglass lenses with white panty hose glued around the edges under his mask for white eyes. i bet youd be hot under those layers, something to consider

Yeah, after a very long time, maybe 10hrs more or less it might get a little hot. But suprisingly it breathes very well, especially for the material it is made of. I could easily wear one of them for 5 hours, for both maybe 4 hours. Either way its not too bad. But the whole sunglasses approach is a good idea, especially since I have tons of extra mesh I can't do anything with, so thats a great use:) I think I'll try that;)~skull splitt3r~

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back