Cheap ascension gun, anyone?

FETTCLONE

While I was Christmas shopping I went into a small dollar store and saw this. Needless to say "my cats" bought me a nice little stocking stuffer this year. Not me... my cats. :$ Anyhow, the gun is good sized (cue Mego 12" Spidey for scale) and takes 4 AA batteries. It flashes in the blue/red areas, the spike underneath actuates back and forth, and it makes four different gun noises. The best part of the whole toy was the sound. It's really loud, making alternating noises each spaced out by a human voice saying "fire.", until it gets past the fourth noise and says "Don't move. Drop the gun.". No word of a lie, I couldn't stop laughing when this happened. I've also taken a coulpe pictures of the box for easier identification... its a "space gun" (heh heh).

All in all, a little re-working with some filler, a little resculpting of a couple areas and some new paint and I should have a nice ascension gun for under $20. One more prop I never really thought I'd own. :D

Hope this makes it a little easier for a few more of you to find them.
Thanks to Wackychimp for hosting pics.

leftsidespacegun.JPG

rightsidespacegun.JPG

spacegunbox1.JPG

spacegunbox2.JPG

Originally posted by damon5973@Jan 14 2006, 11:14 PM
Is that a "space" mouse on the shoulder????
[snapback]1159457[/snapback]​

Not unless it's Cosmouse™. The official mouse of space.

cosmouse_co01.jpg

- k

Originally posted by phase pistol+Jan 15 2006, 12:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ Jan 15 2006, 12:28 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-damon5973
@Jan 14 2006, 11:14 PM
Is that a "space" mouse on the shoulder????

Not unless it's Cosmouse™. The official mouse of space.

cosmouse_co01.jpg

- k
[snapback]1159468[/snapback]​
[/b]

That is tooo funny :lol

who/what is cosmouse......

Sorry FettClone for the total hijack of your fine Space Gun thread. :$

So may I inquire the name of the store where you found this fine item? :D

- k

Originally posted by damon5973@Jan 15 2006, 04:14 AM
I love the back of the box...Is that a "space" mouse on the shoulder????

Sorry, guys. No space mouse or Cosmouse on the shoulder, just seems to be an extension of the helmet meeting the collar.

spacegunboxdetail.JPG

Phase Pistol: not sure if the establishment had a name beyond "dollar store". It's pretty small and the toys were at the back past shelves of fake hair, wigs and hair products. I felt especially proud to have found it in such an unlikely place. I can check tomorrow if I pass by, though. As it was the only one on the shelves at the time I'm not sure they'll be able to get more. :( Details in tiny wee print say "2001 Double Eagle Toy, Donghu Industrial Area, Chenghai, Guangdong, China". Hope that helps.

No harm in the Cosmouse sidetrack. I enjoy a good toy as much as the next guy. How else would I get Spidey in a thread about a space gun?

wow...from afar it looked like something on the shoulder...must be gettin old.

anyway...looks like it could be a decent starting point for teh ascencion gun.

good luck and keep us posted

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back