Cheap airbrush for base coats

Ha! I thought I had seen that one before.

Harbor Freight has it in stock so I got to play around with one.
http://www.harborfreight.com/quick-change-...-kit-93506.html

It's a quick change because the handle clips into the jar cap. Pretty neet idea. I passed on it because it has plastic jars and they didn't interchange with the either of the two I had. The handle was a little bulky for me. I'm sure it be fine for those big pawed preds.

But I almost picked one up anyway.

Yeah if this thing could spray prosaide through it easily enough that's enough to make me buy it. I've been handbrushing my prosaide on after every 2 coats of paint (not fun).

prosaide- not sure, i would think so, but i have never used it. i just saw the ad and thought people might like it, but for 10 bucks you could buy one and find out.

next order i make for silicone i am going to pick one up and see how it does. ill write up a review then.

hell yea. Thanks for this post....

I'm just curious if this device would suffice on painting entire surfaces of latex hands, feet, masks, etc. Just body part by body part.

I might really start to get into this whole airbrushing thing... it works with so many different applications! Would a novice like myself be O.K. to start with one of these for the above reason???

What do y'all think?

hell yea. Thanks for this post....

I'm just curious if this device would suffice on painting entire surfaces of latex hands, feet, masks, etc. Just body part by body part.

I might really start to get into this whole airbrushing thing... it works with so many different applications! Would a novice like myself be O.K. to start with one of these for the above reason???

What do y'all think?

If you have a decent knowledge of colors and layering colors then airbrushing isn't hard to pick up and learn. Actually using an airbrush is very easy, knowing how to paint and what looks good is the tricky part. And if you're just starting out and bought this airbrush you would still have to buy an air compressor to use it. Hope that helps.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back