Charter Arms AR7 Explorer rifle

adamata

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Its used for the ponda blaster and also the Hoth rebel trooper pistol.

I was going to get one from

www.movieguns.com

but they way *way* too much for one. I can buy a real one for that much.

-Tony

Someone over at Blaster Builders Club did a run of these in resin months ago. You might try posting over there and see if there are any left.

The kit included the AR-7 "body", a one-piece barrel with mortar fin, and a lot of the greeblies.

Holy cow.. I have one of these AR-7s in my gun safe. Got it many years ago when I was back in college.

What parts of it were used in the rebel pistol?? I never use the thing anymore, maybe its time to dust it off...

I picked up a vintage AR7 (with the correct barrel nut ;) ) just before I fled the States. I'll see if I can get my friend Bill to throw RTV on it. He has the right mortar on hand, too (just one of the many projects I never got around to finishing, sigh).

Alex

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hyperdyne @ Apr 21 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]1230630[/snapback]</div>
Holy cow.. I have one of these AR-7s in my gun safe. Got it many years ago when I was back in college.

What parts of it were used in the rebel pistol?? I never use the thing anymore, maybe its time to dust it off...
[/b]

The entire receiver group of the AR-7 is used as the basis for the Rebel Hoth pistol. Along with a "shortened" barrel, with the knurled nut. The muzzle is a fin from a British mortar round.

The grip is from a Sterling. Add some greeblies and a Singlepoint scope, and voila.. . . Rebel pistol. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wakal @ Apr 21 2006, 01:52 PM) [snapback]1230649[/snapback]</div>
I picked up a vintage AR7 (with the correct barrel nut ;) ) just before I fled the States. I'll see if I can get my friend Bill to throw RTV on it. He has the right mortar on hand, too (just one of the many projects I never got around to finishing, sigh).

Alex
[/b]

Say I's probably be interested in a copy too.

I've done a bit of searching, but haven't had any luck finding a replica of this gun yet.

The run at the BBC is done, the molds have officially died. There was recently a second run and the results were less then ideal, but still workible.

Unfortunately, all the casts were sold.

Sorry man.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(adamata @ Apr 21 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]1230582[/snapback]</div>
Its used for the ponda blaster and also the Hoth rebel trooper pistol.

I was going to get one from

www.movieguns.com

but they way *way* too much for one. I can buy a real one for that much.

-Tony
[/b]

Tony,

i have a friend that had a real one, i could check.

also they are still being sold by Uncle Henry firearms,

john :cool

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reaper57 @ Apr 21 2006, 07:46 PM) [snapback]1230786[/snapback]</div>
Tony,

i have a friend that had a real one, i could check.

also they are still being sold by Uncle Henry firearms,

john :cool
[/b]

I think a while back Bobadebt said the newer versions have different knurling around the barrel where it attaches to the receiver.

Sweet.

Well, I am asking because I have a real mortin fin assembly on the way to me now. :)

If someone did a run I think they would get a decent response in the JY. :)

I took it apart for casting. I imagine I can get a mold put together some time this weekend.
AR7parts.jpg

They're pretty easy to find here. There is always at least one or two at any given time on the auction sites. I occasionally run into them at local pawn shops.

Evan, great looking pistol there. Very nice...

And I am sure the kits would get a great responce here.

Maybe even casts of the Magazine alone ;) looks alot like power packs for blasters :) I know I'd pick up a couple of those...

I've got a mortar fin just waiting to be attached to something. And I only learned it was also on the hoth pistol recently. I got mine at a flea market, the entire shell painted bronze and made into a lamp. That's right, a lamp. I was surprised to see the part at all, and more surprised to realize I knew exactly what it was. A little work with a wire wheel and it was all better... now I only need everything else. :lol

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back