Character Actor Crossovers - Ever notice??

Monster Dave

Sr Member
Hey All,

So I've seen all the episodes of DS9 many times, but last night I was watching one when I realized that the actor who played Weyoun in DS9 also played Commander Shran on Enterprise!

images

Shran,_2151.jpg

Couldn't believe that I didn't notice that before!!

So I was wondering what other shows you may have noticed where an actor either played more than one character or played multiple characters over different iterations of a show.

Stargate Atlantis. Christopher Heyerdahl, the same actor played Todd the Wraith and Halling, the native leader of the people Teyla was from.

He also plays Druitt, the Jack the Ripper guy, and the Bigfoot in "Sanctuary".

One other guy who I think has had quite a few roles specifically in the Star Trek universe is John Shuck who originally played the Klingon Ambassador in Star Trek IV. The last role that I saw him in was in Enterprise as Antaak:

320x240.jpg

Antaak-ridgeless.jpg

But he also played a Cardi in DS9:

320x240.jpg

One other guy who I think has had quite a few roles specifically in the Star Trek universe is John Shuck who originally played the Klingon Ambassador in Star Trek IV. The last role that I saw him in was in Enterprise as Antaak:

But he also played a Cardi in DS9:

John Schuck! Love that guy he's been around forever. I loved him as that robot in Holmes and Yo-Yo back in '76-'77.
draft_lens17857466module149598322photo_1302982838Holmesandyoyo.jpg

Trek has plenty of Actors who have done that, some have been in the different Series as well, TNG, DS-9, Voyager.

James Sloyan is one of my favorites

If you look at the Stargate franchise, there's a lot of this.

In SG-1, you'll see familiar faces from BSG, including Aaron Douglas who plays a Jaffa, and Tamoh Penikett who plays one of the humanoid Replicators. Then, of course, all the Delouis' show up at various points during the show's run.

kellie waymire was one i liked before her sudden passing
muse042.jpg

cuttler01le.jpg

HOLY CRAP!! I didn't know that she died...wow...sad, only 36...

Also, didn't know that she played in anything other than Enterprise.

In wondering why actors are charged with playing differing roles in the same show (ones that aren't obvious at least, unlike Data and Lore), I realize that for the most part, it's not always so obvious to the viewer. In fact, until I really started paying attention, I didn't notice this much at all. Even less with voice actors. I wouldn't have picked up on Combs last night if I hadn't recognized a certain inflection in his voice at the end of certain words.

Star Trek TOS has a few I can think of off the top of my head. The later Star Treks have loads of repeat actors.

Diana Muldaur played three different doctors, two in Star Trek TOS and Pulasky in season two of TNG.

Stewart Moss played two characters in TOS, in Naked Time and By Any Other Name.

Barbara Babcock did several different characters and voices.

Mark Lenard

Majel Barrett

Malachi Throne

Phil Morris was on TOS as a boy, and later did STIII, DS9, and Voyager.

William Shatner did two Twilight Zones.

Jack Klugman did four Twilight Zone episodes.

And just how many times did Burgess Meredith appear in Twilight Zone? Four, but also narrated the movie. He also appeared as four characters in Rawhide.

Hey All,

So I've seen all the episodes of DS9 many times, but last night I was watching one when I realized that the actor who played Weyoun in DS9 also played Commander Shran on Enterprise!

images

Shran,_2151.jpg

Couldn't believe that I didn't notice that before!!

So I was wondering what other shows you may have noticed where an actor either played more than one character or played multiple characters over different iterations of a show.

Jeffery Combs did multiple roles on DS9. Weyun, Brunt (Ferengi Tax Man) and I think one other that I don't recall.

That is the thing about Star Trek, one actor: Multiple aliens. It makes sense that if you have the life-cast of an actor, just make multiple aliens out of it without needing new actors.

The Klingon commander from Trouble with Tribbles was in more than one episode including Next Gen. Let's not forget Mark Leonard, he was Spock's dad and a Romulan.

The Klingon commander from Trouble with Tribbles was in more than one episode including Next Gen.

I think you meant ds9, not next gen.

Lets not forget the AWESOME Morgan Woodward as captain Ron Tracy and Dr Van Gelder in TOS

and Ian Wolfe as Mr. Atoz and Septimus

Armin Shimmerman who was probably best known for playing for playing on Quark also originated the role of the Ferengi by playing one of the Ferengi encountered by the Enterprise in the TNG pilot, "Encounter at Farpoint".

I don't think there were any Ferengi at Farpoint. I think you're thinking of the episode with the Takon (sp?) stargate/spacegate or something like that.

Found it, "The Last Outpost."

I don't think there were any Ferengi at Farpoint. I think you're thinking of the episode with the Takon (sp?) stargate/spacegate or something like that.

Found it, "The Last Outpost."

You may be right, it was whatever episode they first introduced the Ferengi; for some reason I thought it was Farpoint but it didn't quite ring true to me either. Maybe the episode I was thinking of was the first regular episode of the show after Farpoint, regardless, point is still that Armin played one of the first Ferengi and ended up playing the best known Ferengi.

No one mentioned David Warner who played the Earth ambassador in Trek V, Klingon Chancellor Gorkon in Trek VI, and the Cardi that tortures Picard in TNG.

Or William Morgan Sheppard who played Data's grandfather, Ira Graves in TNG, Klingon prison guard in Trek VI and the Vulcan Science Minister in the last Trek movie.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back