Chappie Resource Thread

I love those batteries... They're so beautifully done, and I didn't even notice them on screen. I can't believe the amount of design effort and work that went into them... Maybe they were shown in a cut scene?

I checked the book, and there is one tiny piece of art of the battery pack, and (again) the label is not a match to the production labels.

Notice the Denel logo on the red arm? I wonder if that ended up on screen.

And finally, we get a good look at the Scouts' RSAP patch.

-MJ

Attachments

• AAAAAA!.jpeg
    AAAAAA!.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 207
have a odd question, what is the reason for Weta selling screen used props directed by Neill Blomkamp, District 9, Elysium, and Chappie? Doesnt seem to happen with other films.

Also, are all the Chappie robots part accounted for in the auctions, torso, head arms, etc? Would be so awesome to build a whole robot but so darn expensive

And anybody own the Art book and worth getting? maybe few samples.

have a odd question, what is the reason for Weta selling screen used props directed by Neill Blomkamp, District 9, Elysium, and Chappie? Doesnt seem to happen with other films.

Weta isnt selling them, MRC who helped finance his films owns them and is selling them through VIPfan auctions. As for the other 'weta' films like LOTR and Hobbit i think most of their props are in storage for a supposed museum.

Good News Everyone!

I had a horrible experience with USPS and shipping delays and delivering to the wrong mailbox but the stickers are here.
My only gripe is the data plate sticker has rounded edges. I made some small revisions to it since i sent it out but only small stupid details that I am anal over.
I threw them up on my Etsy store here.

Here is a picture of the set.
20150404_123857.jpg

Edit:
I love those batteries... They're so beautifully done, and I didn't even notice them on screen. I can't believe the amount of design effort and work that went into them...

I feel the same. I'll throw this out there. Had to export a png because the pdf i saved was 80mb :wacko
battery-label.png

I put lines to cut and fold by. Dimensions should be 2.5" x 1" x .75"
It is setup for a border-less 5x7 page

Last edited:
Here's the other battery label, at actual size.

The observant among you will notice that this label is reused on the EMP gun, and is in fact based on a design created for Elysium.

-MJ

Attachments

• Black Label 1-up.pdf
    72.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 16746231.jpg
    16746231.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 106
..Also, are all the Chappie robots part accounted for in the auctions, torso, head arms, etc? Would be so awesome to build a whole robot but so darn expensive..

I could be wrong, but I believe VIP mentioned in the listing for the scout head that sold, that it was the only head they received from the production. So without that one it wouldn't be possible to put a full one together

Here's the other battery label, at actual size.

Excellent find. I pretty much finished up my version of that sticker but that top left circle logo was giving me grief. I believe they got in trouble for using actual logos. Thus the CE logo being changed to EE.
They seem to be using that sticker for a lot of things. They use a very similar one on the rocket launcher in the beginning of elysium.

Last edited:
You didn't see that? They have a binder of decals & stickers on eBay. It looks like it has little bits of everything in it, from Scout decals to Police decals, including some I haven't been able to place at all.

Example: the full decal for the batteries (from the decal book) shows some more detail that appears to be cut off on the finished battery props.

Attachments

• Batt Label from Sticker Book.jpg
    Batt Label from Sticker Book.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 97
Then there are these (the "HEG ARM" labels). I have no idea what they are or where they go. (Also from the sticker book). They also seem to have a couple things that look like transparencies for the battery display.

-MJ

Attachments

• CustomImage (1).jpeg
    CustomImage (1).jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 103
  • CustomImage (2).jpeg
    CustomImage (2).jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 106
Hey everyone!

First of all thanks for all the new reference pictures, I am definitely going to rework some things! Definitely my helmet and Chest I think... but here is a show off of my completed costume!
http://caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamravioli....dercon-was-pretty-awesome-on-saturday-sadly-i

tumblr_nmbkt0p00L1qfejkho3_540.jpg

tumblr_nlwcxqCKLz1s3xhgbo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nm0prsTgNC1ru5hgmo1_1280.jpg

Again, I'll be reworking a few things, but I got the best response from Emerald City Comic con and Wonder Con down in LA! So many people stopped me, and I got featured on Kotaku!

|:[#]

Hopefully you all like my suit and I'll post my changes and additions to the suit later on this month!

Thanks for the resources! : )

Also materials are Foam PVC (Sheets and pipe), Craft foam 6mm and 2mm, and then just some plastic velcro! : ) Hope you like it!

- Cam

I just received my TETRAVAAL worksheets and will try to get them scanned and uploaded this weekend. They weren't packaged great, but there are no major creases.

Edit: I ended up missing out on the decal book, so no accurate scans of those, sorry. Hopefully the person that picked it up will provide access to the artwork.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back