CHAPPiE Head Project

I don’t mean to highjack this thread but I think it would be a good research and development thread.

Beautiful project and the sharing here is incredible! Pro-Job all the way:cool::cool:(y)

Thank you (if you were speaking of my personal work) and here is my progress. Everything printed on my formlabs form 2 SLA printer. The quality of the file is amazing from razmatz
IMG_3245.jpg

I was waiting for some resin to ship in and now i have it so build has started again. I got all the sound files, and I will be adding the mouth light side lights and servos for the mouth and eyebrows.

Soooo.. sorry I haven’t been on in a while my printer had a resin spill and needed to get work on it. I have done a lot since though! I am talking to a few friends about coding Alexa so that chappie will talk as her. He will also have servos and stand built from aluminum I am milling.

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

I still have lots of airbrushing, weathering, and detail adding to do so don’t judge on the colors. But he is getting there slowly but surely.

Inexplicably I'd never watched Chappie until I spotted it on Netflix last weekend. I thought a Chappie head would make a great prop and, wow, you've certainly done it justice. Fantastic work!!

Any chance of a run of these?

Hi Kenobi! Do you know the measurements of the back display? what did you use? a sticker? maybe illuminated from behind? The slot from the Ramataz its 22x50mm +/- trying to find a display of that size.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 22.08.54.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 22.08.54.png
    156.7 KB · Views: 103
  • cylaHs8.jpg
    cylaHs8.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 90
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back