Change coordinates in Pepakura Designer 3

ziffa27

Hey all,
I am a new member at RPF and i start working on a (Iron Man Mark 3) costume.

My question is how can i change coordinates to an object (Index finger) in (Pepakura Designer 3).

Example:
I have open and imported the (Lower Palm / Upper Palm / Knuckles) and all is okay, how you can see in the first image (palm) but when i import the (Index finger) it is in the wrong coordinates how you can see in the second image (index-finger).

Anyone can tell me how how to fix the (Index finger) to the right position please with (Pepakura Designer 3).

I want to do this not only on the hand but on other part of the suit, so i can take a better measurement "Change Scale" of the costume.

Thanks a lot in advance for all your help.

Ziffa27

When you import another object into an existing file, the new object loses it's coordinates. One way to counteract this is to add additional geometry (a cube or something) to the object you are going to import. This will force pep to center to the group, not the single object. (does this make sense?)

You could also export all of the pieces and put them together into one "full armor" obj file and import in pep, scale, then save/delete the objects inside pep one by one to create single part pep files. (I just realized that I suck at explaining things)

Just out of curiosity, could you post their answer?

Here you go:

It seems that Pepakura Designer failed to load the local coordinates of the finger.
If you have 3DCG software, please try to merge the finger to the same object of the perm.
If you don't have 3DCG software, please try to get some free 3DCG software.
I recommend you to use Metasequoia. This software has a good compatibility with Pepakura Designer.

When you import another object into an existing file, the new object loses it's coordinates. One way to counteract this is to add additional geometry (a cube or something) to the object you are going to import. This will force pep to center to the group, not the single object. (does this make sense?)

You could also export all of the pieces and put them together into one "full armor" obj file and import in pep, scale, then save/delete the objects inside pep one by one to create single part pep files. (I just realized that I suck at explaining things)

Thanks a lot mate more or less it is the same reply i got fropm them and you are good to explain :lol

Sorry cause i didn't replay to the second part.
It is true you can do that but you need to know a 3D software or you can use "Metasequoia" it is very easy to learn

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back